Search the Forum * View unanswered posts * View unread posts * View new posts * View active topics * Visit the Club Shop * See Club Members Deals

Multi quote?

Posts on how to use the Forum Features, Posting Files, Setting Time Zones, Displays Styles etc. Got a tip for fellow members? Post it here. Want a Feature and cannot find? Ask here!

Multi quote?

PostPosted by pmb » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:32 pm

Can't see how to multi quote. Could someone be gentle and point me in the right direction?
pmb
'250 Club' Member
'250 Club' Member

Primary Vehicle: Rav4
Year: 2002
Trim Level: VX
Fuel Type: Petrol

Re: Multi quote?

PostPosted by Hoovie » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:42 pm

pmb wrote:Can't see how to multi quote. Could someone be gentle and point me in the right direction?

As in posting two separate posts?

Like this?

pmb wrote:Can't see how to multi quote. Could someone be gentle and point me in the right direction?

The way I do it is quote the first post, paste it into the reply, and then from a new browser window, quote the new post, copy to the clipboard and then paste it into the reply window (may be a better quicker way, but that's the way I have always done it for years)
Welcome to the best RAV4 Drivers Club in Europe ... come and join in the fun!

Sell on Line? Get a Website Designed, Built and Hosted, complete with Shop facilities from just £99
Visit SBS Borders for custom Web Design and Hosting services, and more besides
Hoovie
Admin
Admin

Primary Vehicle: Vauxhall Corsa!
Year: 2017
Trim Level: SE
Other Vehicle: VW Camper Vans

PostPosted by DjRav » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:48 pm

Hoovie wrote:

Like this?

The way I do it is quote the first post, paste it into the reply, and then from a new browser window, quote the new post, copy to the clipboard and then paste it into the reply window (may be a better quicker way, but that's the way I have always done it for years)

Not confusing at all (!!?!!)
Dave :joust .............

Daves are everywhere. Some say you're never more than 10 feet from a Dave.
DjRav
Club Master
Club Master

Primary Vehicle: Black 4.3
Year: 2007
Trim Level: XTR
Fuel Type: Diesel
Other Vehicle: Landrover Discovery

PostPosted by DjRav » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:48 pm

DjRav wrote:
Hoovie wrote:

Like this?

Not confusing at all (!!?!!)

At all at all.
Dave :joust .............

Daves are everywhere. Some say you're never more than 10 feet from a Dave.
DjRav
Club Master
Club Master

Primary Vehicle: Black 4.3
Year: 2007
Trim Level: XTR
Other Vehicle: Landrover Discovery

PostPosted by pmb » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:59 pm

On other forums there is a simple multiquote option. Seems a bit long winded to me this way. Thanks.
pmb
'250 Club' Member
'250 Club' Member

PostPosted by Hoovie » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:04 pm

pmb wrote:On other forums there is a simple multiquote option. Seems a bit long winded to me this way. Thanks.

I've never liked the multi quote features myself. Found them confusing :s_yes

I'll check if there is a multi-quote option on phpbb, but I doubt it if it is not already visible.

Sell on Line? Get a Website Designed, Built and Hosted, complete with Shop facilities from just £99
Hoovie
Admin
Admin

PostPosted by Big Kev » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:13 am

pmb wrote:On other forums there is a simple multiquote option. Seems a bit long winded to me this way. Thanks.

.......but on other forums, ye can ask a question and get tumbleweed rash looking and waiting for an answer, but at least you could multi quote yer question......LOL.
"Nobody knows where my Johnnie has gone"........why sing about a missing condom....?
Big Kev
Official Club Comic
Official Club Comic

Year: 2012
Trim Level: SR Auto
Other Vehicle: Rav4
Year: 2004
Trim: Granite
Fuel Type: Petrol 3 Door.

PostPosted by Hoovie » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:41 pm

There is a multi-quote option available in fact and its always been there :s_biggrin

You just do a reply, and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see previous posts and you can click "quote" on the one you want, then repeat as needed, and you get something like this ....

Big Kev wrote:

.......but on other forums, ye can ask a question and get tumbleweed rash looking and waiting for an answer, but at least you could multi quote yer question......LOL.
Hoovie wrote:

Like this?

Etc, etc.

HTH :s_thumbsup

Hoovie
Admin
Admin

PostPosted by pmb » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:39 pm

Hoovie wrote:There is a multi-quote option available in fact and its always been there :s_biggrin

You just do a reply, and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see previous posts and you can click "quote" on the one you want, then repeat as needed, and you get something like this ....

Big Kev wrote:

Thanks Hoovie. On another forum (not the one you may be thinking of) multiquote is next to quote which is why I asked.
pmb
'250 Club' Member
'250 Club' Member

PostPosted by Hoovie » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:10 pm

pmb wrote:
Hoovie wrote:There is a multi-quote option available in fact and its always been there :s_biggrin

Big Kev wrote:

Thanks Hoovie. On another forum (not the one you may be thinking of) multiquote is next to quote which is why I asked.

Well, this one is so far tucked down I never knew it was there. I have seen the kind of option and positioning you speak of (can't remember which forum) and TBH, I just could never get it to work.

Anyways, it's there for those who want it Billybob

Hoovie
Admin
Admin

Return to Forum How To's & Wish List