Search the Forum * View unanswered posts * View unread posts * View new posts * View active topics * Visit the Club Shop * See Club Members Deals

Aftermarket SatNav / DVD / BT carkit?

If you have a Technical Question about your Toyota RAV4 or other SUV then this is the place to post it in!
Forum rules
Please note all information is provided with good intention, but provided as is, with no guarantee given or implied.

You should make you own investigations and validation of information and the RAV4 Drivers Club will not be held responsible for any errors and incidents due to information provided here

Work Safely and within your own capabilities and experience

Re: Aftermarket SatNav / DVD / BT carkit?

PostPosted by Phaeton » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:05 pm

Thanks Guys, such swift response
Phaeton
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: 4.3
Year: 2007
Trim Level: XT5
Fuel Type: Diesel
Other Vehicle: Auris, Funbuggy
Fuel Type: Petrol

PostPosted by Steveandsands » Thu May 28, 2015 2:11 pm

Does anyone know if my 2007 XT180 will have a video feed in the Sat Nav for a rear parking camera?
Best regards

Steve
Steveandsands
Club Member
Club Member

Primary Vehicle: 2007 2.2 d
Year: 2007
Trim Level: T180
Other Vehicle: Mazda MX5 Eunos
Year: 1991
Trim: Kendo
Fuel Type: Petrol

PostPosted by shcm » Thu May 28, 2015 11:03 pm

A T180 should have a B9004 satnav unit as standard and the B9004 has an input for a camera (composite video)

See:

topic106.html
My RAV4 Average: ImageImageImage

My Urban Cruiser Average: ImageImageImage

This post is © 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 rav4driversclub.com
shcm
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: RAV 4.4 Hybrid
Year: 2016
Trim Level: Excel with TSS
Fuel Type: Petrol/Electric
Other Vehicle: Urban Cruiser
Year: 2012
Trim: 1.4 D4D

PostPosted by surfgir1 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:22 pm

Mydrivec wrote:I know I'm relighting an older thread here but would someone please post/PM me if you find more up to date information? This technology changes fast.

I'm looking for a radio/BT solution for my Rav 4.3 (2006) since I've decided to keep it until it rolls over and dies someday (figuratively not literally).

I would love a plug and play option if possible. The plan is music from my Iphone 6 via blutooth but I don't want to spend a fortune either. I'm a gadget guy so if I can do a camera/nav system as well, all the better!

TY in advance.

So I know I've only just joined and I said in my introduction thread I wasn't sure how much I'd be around, well it turns out I can think of something I'd like to fettle with already! :s_blush

I am the proud new owner of a Rav 4.3 XT5 (2006) and I'd pretty much like to know exactly the same as Mr Mydrivec above, except I'm in the UK and I'm currently Android-based phonewise, but as something of a geek I'm also interested in pros and cons of anything iPhone related as I'm about to upgrade and waiting to see how the jailbreaks for iOS 10 go before making a decision on rejoining the dark side or not...Any Android pros and cons are also appreciated, though as I'm a bit underwhelmed with the "new" feature set on the iPhone 7!

What are the Touch n Go units like? Are the early versions of them going to fit nicely (read look like stock and work with the steering controls) in my 4.3? Is there any benefit to getting one over other units on, say, ebay? (other than a lighter wallet)

Why are the Android 5.1 units (like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Radio-Naviceiver-ANDROID-5-1-A9-WIFI-BT-Navi-GPS-Toyota-RAV4-2006-2012-/282157336680?hash=item41b1e34868:g:EM0AAOSwv0tVIvWs) over a grand compared to just under 300 quid (or less without the cameras) for the KitKat units? Is something wrong with the 4.4 implementation? Are they incredibly good, or just trying their luck?

I'm definitely interested in cameras and other gadgetry, so please suggest away if there's stuff I may not have heard of! :s_smile
surfgir1

Primary Vehicle: 4.3
Year: 2006
Trim Level: XT5
Other Vehicle: VW Camper
Year: 1972

PostPosted by j j007 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:58 pm

Bought an xtrons direct replacement with DVD sat nav etc excellent £139 with ISO lead and sat nav antenna from Germany well happy
j j007
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Previous

Return to SUV Technical Q & A