Search the Forum * View unanswered posts * View unread posts * View new posts * View active topics * Visit the Club Shop * See Club Members Deals

Aftermarket SatNav / DVD / BT carkit?

If you have a Technical Question about your Toyota RAV4 or other SUV then this is the place to post it in!
Forum rules
Please note all information is provided with good intention, but provided as is, with no guarantee given or implied.

You should make you own investigations and validation of information and the RAV4 Drivers Club will not be held responsible for any errors and incidents due to information provided here

Work Safely and within your own capabilities and experience

Re: Aftermarket SatNav / DVD / BT carkit?

PostPosted by jase hutch » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:38 pm

Yes , very good Mick and the camera picture looks ace ! :s_wink
jase hutch
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: 4.2. 3dr
Year: 2004
Trim Level: XT3
Fuel Type: Diesel
Other Vehicle: Toyota IQ
Year: 2011
Trim: Auto
Fuel Type: Petrol

PostPosted by Nosegear » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:41 pm

"Toyota Morrenhof, Deventer"?? That's a long drive for you to do maintenance! ;-)
Nosegear
Club Regular
Club Regular

Primary Vehicle: 2007 Limited
Year: 2007
Trim Level: XT4+
Fuel Type: Gas
Other Vehicle: Honda ST1100
Year: 1996
Fuel Type: Gas

PostPosted by oddjob56 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:33 am

What is the make of this unit?
oddjob56
Just Registered
Just Registered

Primary Vehicle: Rav4.2
Trim Level: XTR
Other Vehicle: MX5
Trim: 1.8 sport
Fuel Type: petrol

PostPosted by Mydrivec » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:51 pm

I know I'm relighting an older thread here but would someone please post/PM me if you find more up to date information? This technology changes fast.

I'm looking for a radio/BT solution for my Rav 4.3 (2006) since I've decided to keep it until it rolls over and dies someday (figuratively not literally).

I would love a plug and play option if possible. The plan is music from my Iphone 6 via blutooth but I don't want to spend a fortune either. I'm a gadget guy so if I can do a camera/nav system as well, all the better!

TY in advance.
Mydrivec

PostPosted by Hoovie » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:22 pm

Mydrivec wrote:I know I'm relighting an older thread here but would someone please post/PM me if you find more up to date information? This technology changes fast.

I'm looking for a radio/BT solution for my Rav 4.3 (2006) since I've decided to keep it until it rolls over and dies someday (figuratively not literally).

I would love a plug and play option if possible. The plan is music from my Iphone 6 via blutooth but I don't want to spend a fortune either. I'm a gadget guy so if I can do a camera/nav system as well, all the better!

TY in advance.

Not that we are not happy to have you here, but RAVworld.com would be a good place to ask (I'm assuming you are looking for a US RAV4 used in the USA?)
Most Sat-Navs are continent-specific, so a unit someone would buy here in UK/Europe will have a European base map to overlay the road data, not a North European one; plus you have that excellent Sirius XM satellite radio system which does not exist here.
Welcome to the best RAV4 Drivers Club in Europe ... come and join in the fun!

Sell on Line? Get a Website Designed, Built and Hosted, complete with Shop facilities from just £99
Visit SBS Borders for custom Web Design and Hosting services, and more besides
Hoovie
Admin
Admin

Primary Vehicle: Vauxhall Corsa!
Year: 2017
Trim Level: SE
Other Vehicle: VW Camper Vans

PostPosted by Mydrivec » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:06 am

Hoovie wrote:
Mydrivec wrote:I know I'm relighting an older thread here but would someone please post/PM me if you find more up to date information? This technology changes fast.

TY in advance.

Not that we are not happy to have you here, but RAVworld.com would be a good place to ask (I'm assuming you are looking for a US RAV4 used in the USA?)
Most Sat-Navs are continent-specific, so a unit someone would buy here in UK/Europe will have a European base map to overlay the road data, not a North European one; plus you have that excellent Sirius XM satellite radio system which does not exist here.

Thanks. Honestly, I guess I didn't realize there was a difference. I just looked for Rav4 enthusiasts.

Still lots of good info here though!
Mydrivec

PostPosted by DavidWilson » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:05 am

Mydrivec wrote:
Hoovie wrote:

TY in advance.

Thanks. Honestly, I guess I didn't realize there was a difference. I just looked for Rav4 enthusiasts.

Still lots of good info here though!

Yes and some of the good info is about the RAV!

Hi and :welcome
RAV4 Drivers Club, the best Toyota RAV4 forum in the UK!

Previous owner of LC3, RAV 4.3 2.2 diesel and 4.3 XT4 2.0 petrol, and many other Toyotas!

20years_RAV4.jpg
DavidWilson
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: Honda CRV Auto
Year: 2012
Trim Level: SE+
Other Vehicle: Honda Jazz CVT
Trim: EX

PostPosted by Phaeton » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:45 pm

Has anybody tried one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111491393489?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT Sorry tried to use the "[ebay][/ebay]" tags but they didn't work. Also any clues on how to get the old unit out of a XT5?
Phaeton
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: 4.3
Year: 2007
Trim Level: XT5
Other Vehicle: Auris, Funbuggy

PostPosted by dave.m » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:43 pm

Phaeton wrote: Also any clues on how to get the old unit out of a XT5?

There is a guide somewhere, but its quite easy. Get an old credit card and gently prise off the two trims either side of the stereo. This gives
access to the 4 ? bolts holding the unit in, be careful not to drop the bolts down into the dash area once removed. Either magnetise the socket
or stick some blue tack on it. Once removed its just a case of removing the plugs at the rear.
dave.m
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: Rav4 no 4
Fuel Type: Hybrid

PostPosted by Davrav » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:46 pm

RAV4 Drivers Club - For all things RAV4 and much, much more!
Davrav
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: RAV4 4.3
Year: 2008
Trim Level: XTR+
Other Vehicle: Mitsubishi ASX
Year: 2017
Trim: Auto

PreviousNext