Search the Forum * View unanswered posts * View unread posts * View new posts * View active topics * Visit the Club Shop * See Club Members Deals

Photobucket images now viewable again!

Posts on how to use the Forum Features, Posting Files, Setting Time Zones, Displays Styles etc. Got a tip for fellow members? Post it here. Want a Feature and cannot find? Ask here!

Photobucket images now viewable again!

PostPosted by Hoovie » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:24 pm

No, they haven't changed their stupid policy, but ....

If you use Firefox Web Browser, then you can install a Photobucket Fix add-on (see here ==> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... edded-fix/ ) and you will be back to normal.

NOTE: it is still recommended to use another host for any future pictures, but at least pictures in older threads *may* be viewable. I say *may* as lots of people, myself included, removed their files, in which case you will see an picture showing this:
(if you see the Photobucket Ransom Demand above, you don't have the fix add-on running)

I don't know if there are similar add-ons for other browsers.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This add-on is nothing to do with me. I am merely bringing its existance to readers attention. Install at your own risk. Neither the RAV4 Drivers Club, Admins, Moderators, Hosts, Tea Ladies, and Club Cats will be held responsible whatsoever for any losses to any systems should something not work afterwards. It is the installers sole responsibility should they chose to install.

(just in case Metal Mickey is lurking :rolleyes: )
Welcome to the best RAV4 Drivers Club in Europe ... come and join in the fun!

Sell on Line? Get a Website Designed, Built and Hosted, complete with Shop facilities from just £99
Visit SBS Borders for custom Web Design and Hosting services, and more besides
Hoovie
Admin
Admin

Primary Vehicle: Vauxhall Corsa!
Year: 2017
Trim Level: SE
Fuel Type: Petrol
Other Vehicle: VW Camper Vans

Re: Photobucket images now viewable again!

PostPosted by Two-T » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:52 am

IMPORTANT NOTE: This add-on is nothing to do with me. I am merely bringing its existance to readers attention. Install at your own risk. Neither the RAV4 Drivers Club, Admins, Moderators, Hosts, Tea Ladies, and Club Cats will be held responsible whatsoever for any losses to any systems should something not work afterwards. It is the installers sole responsibility should they chose to install.

:s_scratchhead ... Have you forgotten anyone...?
Yes! Club dogs! (I know some moderators have dogs... ) could sue them! :D
Two-T
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: RAV4!
Year: 2014
Trim Level: Invincible
Fuel Type: Diesel
Other Vehicle: Corolla
Year: 1999
Trim: GS

PostPosted by philip42h » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:49 am

There is also a similar "Photobucket Hotlink Fix" available in the Chrome Web Store - I assume that it works but haven't tried it ...

But quite how long either of these 'fixes' works before the Photobucket folk 'break' it again is anyone's guess!
Philip
philip42h
'250 Club' Member
'250 Club' Member

Primary Vehicle: 4.4 Auto
Year: 2013
Trim Level: Icon
Fuel Type: Diesel

PostPosted by Hoovie » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:54 am

philip42h wrote:There is also a similar "Photobucket Hotlink Fix" available in the Chrome Web Store - I assume that it works but haven't tried it ...

But quite how long either of these 'fixes' works before the Photobucket folk 'break' it again is anyone's guess!

When I looked at the firefox one, it seems like it was ported from the chrome one.

Not sure if we need to worry too much about PB breaking it any time soon. I would imagine any competent staff they had have left for a proper company or have been laid off due to lack of advertising funds.
Welcome to the best RAV4 Drivers Club in Europe ... come and join in the fun!

Sell on Line? Get a Website Designed, Built and Hosted, complete with Shop facilities from just £99
Visit SBS Borders for custom Web Design and Hosting services, and more besides
Hoovie
Admin
Admin

Primary Vehicle: Vauxhall Corsa!
Year: 2017
Trim Level: SE
Other Vehicle: VW Camper Vans

Return to Forum How To's & Wish List