Search the Forum * View unanswered posts * View unread posts * View new posts * View active topics * Visit the Club Shop * See Club Members Deals

MOT results

Section for general chatting about your RAV4 or other Rides ... What you do with it, how to use it, where you been in it, or not been in it, we don't mind... It's a free world!
Oh, If you want to get all technical, the Technical Questions and Info could be the place to go.

MOT results

PostPosted by DavidWilson » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:29 am

I have spent a little time perusing these results and thought others may be interested!

https://good-garage-guide.honestjohn.co.uk/mot-results/
RAV4 Drivers Club, the best Toyota RAV4 forum in the UK!

Previous owner of LC3, RAV 4.3 2.2 diesel and 4.3 XT4 2.0 petrol, and many other Toyotas!

20years_RAV4.jpg
DavidWilson
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: Honda CRV Auto
Year: 2012
Trim Level: SE+
Fuel Type: Petrol
Other Vehicle: Honda Jazz CVT
Trim: EX

Re: MOT results

PostPosted by jase hutch » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:39 am

Good find.... :s_thumbsup
jase hutch
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: 4.2. 3dr
Year: 2004
Trim Level: XT3
Fuel Type: Diesel
Other Vehicle: Toyota IQ
Year: 2011
Trim: Auto

PostPosted by DavidWilson » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:10 pm

jase hutch wrote:Good find.... :s_thumbsup

Cheers :s_thumbsup

I found it quite interesting- for example a lot of cars seem to fail on poor driver's visibility. I wonder if that is large chips in the wrong place in the windscreen, or furry dice etc dangling from the interior mirror??

I am also surprised at how many had the aim of the headlights faulty at the first mot. Does that mean they are not set correctly by the manufacturers ? If not what is happening to them in three years?

Previous owner of LC3, RAV 4.3 2.2 diesel and 4.3 XT4 2.0 petrol, and many other Toyotas!

20years_RAV4.jpg
DavidWilson
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

PostPosted by philip42h » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:25 pm

DavidWilson wrote:

I found it quite interesting- for example a lot of cars seem to fail on poor driver's visibility. I wonder if that is large chips in the wrong place in the windscreen, or furry dice etc dangling from the interior mirror??

I am also surprised at how many had the aim of the headlights faulty at the first mot. Does that mean they are not set correctly by the manufacturers ? If not what is happening to them in three years?

Mine 'failed' its first MoT on headlight aim so it may well be a result of the manufacturer setting. Either way it can only have been fractionally out since the tester simply adjusted and passed the car within the same 45 minutes and I could scarcely tell the difference afterwards.

The driver visibility things is likely to be washers and/or wipers - an empty wash bottle or worn blades would do it so it hardly counts ...
Philip
philip42h
'250 Club' Member
'250 Club' Member

Primary Vehicle: 4.4 Auto
Year: 2013
Trim Level: Icon
Fuel Type: Diesel

PostPosted by DavidWilson » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:57 pm

philip42h wrote:
DavidWilson wrote:

Mine 'failed' its first MoT on headlight aim so it may well be a result of the manufacturer setting. Either way it can only have been fractionally out since the tester simply adjusted and passed the car within the same 45 minutes and I could scarcely tell the difference afterwards.

The driver visibility things is likely to be washers and/or wipers - an empty wash bottle or worn blades would do it so it hardly counts ...

Yes you are correct- I have looked more closely and see that wipers are largely to blame!

I am still surprised at the headlamp aim being out on a three year old car.

20years_RAV4.jpg
DavidWilson
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

PostPosted by Hoovie » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:12 pm

I think a lot of younger drivers have no clue what goes on under the bonnet - or anywhere else mechanically - so I'm not surprised by some silly ones as many never check anything.
It is also easy to miss the obvious...The last time my VW T4 went for its MOT before I sold it it failed on the number plate lights broken. I walked round checking all the lights beforehand but never thought to check numberplate lights for some reason :rolleyes:
Welcome to the best RAV4 Drivers Club in Europe ... come and join in the fun!

Sell on Line? Get a Website Designed, Built and Hosted, complete with Shop facilities from just £99
Visit SBS Borders for custom Web Design and Hosting services, and more besides
Hoovie
Admin
Admin

Primary Vehicle: Vauxhall Corsa!
Year: 2017
Trim Level: SE
Other Vehicle: VW Camper Vans

PostPosted by DavidWilson » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:31 pm

My father in law's car failed it's mot because he had put new tyres on the front the week before but Quick Fit put one of them on to rotate the wrong way!

20years_RAV4.jpg
DavidWilson
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Return to Car Talk