Search the Forum * View unanswered posts * View unread posts * View new posts * View active topics * Visit the Club Shop * See Club Members Deals

Hoovies New Ride ....

Section for general chatting about your RAV4 or other Rides ... What you do with it, how to use it, where you been in it, or not been in it, we don't mind... It's a free world!
Oh, If you want to get all technical, the Technical Questions and Info could be the place to go.

Hoovies New Ride ....

PostPosted by Hoovie » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:51 pm

I've had the DS5 for over 3 years now and it is a lovely motor, but even though it only has 23k on the clock, it has started to make worrying rattle noises on startup. And when I combine that with other Citroen/Peugeot owners comments about big bills on the Robotic Autobox, the ECO stop-start feature not operating for the last couple of years and a few hundred quid required for a rear brake refresh (which at 23k I don't think should really be needed?), I decided it might be wise to trade it and bypass the risk of big bills :Y

And considering the DS5 and the Swift combined probably only do around 5k miles a year, it makes sense to get something that could replace the Swift as well (i.e. that the OH will drive :rolleyes: )

So quite surprisingly, I have returned to my motoring roots and go for a Marque that I used to really love 30 years ago....

ImageCorsa-Front by David, on Flickr

A touch boring maybe and it certainly doesn't compete with the posh motors that other forum members are getting, but it is a nice drive with loads of features, such as Half-Leather Heated Seats, Steering Wheel and Windscreen; Cruise Control and Speed Limiter; Sensors in the front and rear bumpers which provide blind-spot warnings, parking distance displays and even a self-parking feature (that is a bit weird and will take some getting used to!)
Something that I need to look up in more detail is the built in WiFi and 4G connectivity:
ImageRadio by David, on Flickr

Something else I really like is the TPMS system. it is not just a warning light with a low tyre that most factory systems seem to provide, but proper pressure info for each tyre :s_thumbsup
ImageTPMS by David, on Flickr

It is also nice TBH to go back to a petrol engine :s_cool and with a good economical engine, no penalty there (got over 50MPG on the drive home after collecting)
ImageTrip by David, on Flickr

It is the 5-Door version (really don't like the side profile of the 3-Door) and should do us fine for the next few years :s_howdy
ImageCorsa-Side by David, on Flickr
Welcome to the best RAV4 Drivers Club in Europe ... come and join in the fun!

Sell on Line? Get a Website Designed, Built and Hosted, complete with Shop facilities from just £99
Visit SBS Borders for custom Web Design and Hosting services, and more besides
Hoovie
Admin
Admin

Primary Vehicle: Vauxhall Corsa!
Year: 2017
Trim Level: SE
Fuel Type: Petrol
Other Vehicle: VW Camper Vans

Re: Hoovies New Ride ....

PostPosted by ROGER_37 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:31 pm

nice motor hoovie,health to enjoy.
ROGER_37
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: RAV4
Year: 2011
Trim Level: XT-R
Fuel Type: 2.2 DIESEL

PostPosted by Davrav » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:35 pm

Lot of tech in that package Hoovie - how thick is the manual?
Enjoy :s_thumbsup
RAV4 Drivers Club - For all things RAV4 and much, much more!
Davrav
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: RAV4 4.3
Year: 2008
Trim Level: XTR+
Fuel Type: Diesel
Other Vehicle: Mitsubishi ASX
Trim: Auto

PostPosted by jase hutch » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:42 pm

Nice car Hoovie, are you going to keep it that clean...? ;)
jase hutch
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: 4.2. 3dr
Year: 2004
Trim Level: XT3
Other Vehicle: Toyota IQ
Year: 2011
Trim: Auto

PostPosted by Cragz » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:56 pm

Very nice Hoovie, I've owned a few Vauxhalls myself also before the RAV and enjoyed them all. They seem to get a bit of hard time by the motor press but good cars by in large
Craig
Cragz
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: Rav4 4.4
Year: 2014
Trim Level: D-4-D AWD Invincible
Fuel Type: 2.0 Diesel

PostPosted by Uncle bob » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 pm

Looks a well equipped motor and nice colour....enjoy :s_thumbsup
Past Rav4's owned......
1996 import 3 door RAV4 J type.
2004 XT3 3 door.
RAV4 DRIVERS CLUB. The number one choice for UK Rav4 owners.
My big jobs thread....post15823.html#p15823
Uncle bob
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: Lexus
Year: 2003
Trim Level: SC430
Other Vehicle: Toyota Aygo
Year: 2006
Trim: Sport

PostPosted by Big Kev » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:56 am

You do nothing without lotsa homework, so this must be correct car for you, and I have been very LUCKY with Vauxhalls.....lots of them.....never missed a beat, but their old use of AC Delco bits yonks ago caused electrical nightmares at times. Getting rid of the Citroen due to warning signs is a great move.....Citroen in my opinion are superb......COMPANY CARS..........
Awribest pimping in yer new ride..... :shok:
"Nobody knows where my Johnnie has gone"........why sing about a missing condom....?
Big Kev
Official Club Comic
Official Club Comic

Primary Vehicle: Rav4
Year: 2012
Trim Level: SR Auto
Other Vehicle: Rav4
Trim: Granite
Fuel Type: Petrol 3 Door.

PostPosted by Hoovie » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:16 am

I was intending/expecting to keep the DS5 for many many years (buying a larger French car for the short term is financially a very bad idea, especially from brand new!), but I have been having the fear of impending doom for a few months now with the rattle, and as now out of warranty for nearly a year, that safety net gone :(

I did do a test drive of a Swift 4x4 quite a few months ago (last year?) and while I still love the shape and ethos of the Swift, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them 100% I just couldn't see it replacing the luxury barge that was the DS5 as the interior felt too .... not sure what the right word is here, but maybe cheap? (But not really fair to say cheap considering the VFM they offer).

But the Corsa interior had the right appeal to me with the interior features and styling as offering a similar experience, albeit in a much smaller package, and enough extra things to make up for the ones I'm losing out on.
It is not a brand new car, as that would have meant higher tax. It was registered the day before the tax changes came in on 1st April this year (I bet the records will show the number of cars registered on 31st March 2017 will be at an all-time record!) so the road tax instead of being £140 a year stays at £30 instead :s_thumbsup And of course, being pre-registered means a nice chunk of change over brand new :s_howdy - as Uncle Arnie will have screwed Vauxhall down to the last penny with their March bulk-buying activities.

Oh, and given the size, should be easier to keep clean :s_blush (browsing eBay for floor mats and boot liners currently)
Welcome to the best RAV4 Drivers Club in Europe ... come and join in the fun!

Sell on Line? Get a Website Designed, Built and Hosted, complete with Shop facilities from just £99
Visit SBS Borders for custom Web Design and Hosting services, and more besides
Hoovie
Admin
Admin

Primary Vehicle: Vauxhall Corsa!
Trim Level: SE
Other Vehicle: VW Camper Vans

PostPosted by Big Kev » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:07 pm

.....and there was I thinking Hoovie had put some thought and planning into this..... :s_yahoo
"Nobody knows where my Johnnie has gone"........why sing about a missing condom....?
Big Kev
Official Club Comic
Official Club Comic

Primary Vehicle: Rav4
Trim Level: SR Auto
Other Vehicle: Rav4
Trim: Granite
Fuel Type: Petrol 3 Door.

PostPosted by DavidWilson » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:35 pm

I hope you enjoy your new car - it looks very good. I think the smaller cars offer excellent value for money and are good fun to drive on most roads. :s_thumbsup
RAV4 Drivers Club, the best Toyota RAV4 forum in the UK!

Previous owner of LC3, RAV 4.3 2.2 diesel and 4.3 XT4 2.0 petrol, and many other Toyotas!

20years_RAV4.jpg
DavidWilson
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: Honda CRV Auto
Trim Level: SE+
Other Vehicle: Honda Jazz CVT
Trim: EX

Next