Search the Forum * View unanswered posts * View unread posts * View new posts * View active topics * Visit the Club Shop * See Club Members Deals

Hoovies New Ride ....

Section for general chatting about your RAV4 or other Rides ... What you do with it, how to use it, where you been in it, or not been in it, we don't mind... It's a free world!
Oh, If you want to get all technical, the Technical Questions and Info could be the place to go.

Re: Hoovies New Ride ....

PostPosted by Rambler » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:10 pm

Hoovie wrote:
Rambler wrote:Very nice David :s_thumbsup

I have to say, all the company cars at work are diesel Vauxhalls, when I have to do a quick errand locally in one, I'm quite taken with the drive of them.
Except for that horrid button handbrake :N

Enjoy :s_cool

Cheers :s_thumbsup

button handbrake? they have an electronic brake on 'your' vauxhalls?
On my Corsa it is a normal manual lift-up handbrake, but on the DS5 I had an electronic handbrake and I thought it was really good as I never had to touch it - it engaged and disengaged totally automatically :s_cool (but yet another thing to go wrong as a vehicle ages I suppose :s_blush )

Thinking about it , it's only the guv's Insignia that has button handbrake.
But.... it does have some power ! :D
And touch screen sat nav etc.
Lifes too short.

Work to live , Not live to work..

Previous vehicle , 2002 3dr Baleric blue D4D Rav4.
Then 2014 Honda Jazz EX 1.4
Now ,2012 Rav4 XT-R 2.2 D4D.
Rambler
'750 Club' Member
'750 Club' Member

Primary Vehicle: Rav4 Xt-R 2.2 D4D.
Year: 2012
Trim Level: XT-R
Fuel Type: Diesel

PostPosted by RAVAsher » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:59 am

nice car Hoovie looks like it’s quite techie too :N
We had an Astra a few months ago when the 4.2 was written off. It was ok to drive and seemed quite nippy and it was a petrol auto.i felt the fuel consumption was a little high for a new car and it was a nightmare for me to get in and out of it.
anyway happy motoring and the sound of a heated steering wheel sounds good.

:s_drinks :D
Formally knows as "Yaris781"
It's better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you are not!!

fully charged ready to go now. wireless charging can be recharged on the go without looking for a PowerPoint
RAVAsher
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: 4.3
Year: 2006
Trim Level: T180
Other Vehicle: Rav 4
Year: 2002
Trim: 2.0 VVTi VX
Fuel Type: Petrol

PostPosted by Hoovie » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:25 pm

Thanks Ash,

Had it 10 days now (and not yet seen the business end of a sponge :shok: :s_cool ) and I am pleased with it.
It goes well (and fast enough for me at my time of life!) and the gadgets are good.
The choice of car size was dictated more by it being a Swift replacement rather than a DS5 replacement, but the internal 'ambience' wanted was dictated by the DS5. The fact that the Corsa seems to pull off both roles at the price it was is surprising and a testament to how improved these 'superminis' are compared to just a few years ago :s_thumbsup

Had another play with the self-parking ... this works by you selecting the gear (Rev or 1st as instructed) and the clutch and brakes, and the car does the steering - so totally hands-off or it will disengage the system.
With kerbside Parallel Parking, it reverses into the space just as you would, and the front appears to come in very sharp and abrubtly, but I think that is just an illusion as the short sloping bonnet means you can't see the front of the car at all, and I am used to longer bonnets so I am thinking it is closer.
When it does parking where you back into a car park space (can't remember what the car calls that mode), again reversing seems to get really close to the car next to you until it straightens up and goes back again.
Not sure how much I will be using this system (probably not at all) but it is interesting and the fitment of it means the car has front and rear sensors, which really are handy - epecially the front ones with the 'invisible' bonnet that most smaller cars seem to be blessed with nowadays - When I am parking in my driveway, which is a bit awkward with the number of vehicles plus a trailer to negotiate around, I am finding the sensors very useful, albeit a bit pessimistic on distance :)
Welcome to the best RAV4 Drivers Club in Europe ... come and join in the fun!

Sell on Line? Get a Website Designed, Built and Hosted, complete with Shop facilities from just £99
Visit SBS Borders for custom Web Design and Hosting services, and more besides
Hoovie
Admin
Admin

Primary Vehicle: Vauxhall Corsa!
Year: 2017
Trim Level: SE
Other Vehicle: VW Camper Vans

PostPosted by Hoovie » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:51 pm

So I have been doing some additions related to the Corsa and these are likely the final extras I will want to need to add :s_thumbsup
(I know, said that before :rolleyes: )

First one is a basic thing, and anyone who hates chrome and think it's tacky, tough. Look away now :P

Just adds a slight bit of sportness in appearance to the rear, mimics the exhaust on the 150BHP Corsas and for under £10 from Amazon it is a bit of fun. (maybe I should get a Corsa "Turbo" badge to go with it? :D )
ImageExhaust Pipe by David, on Flickr

and a wider view ...
ImageCorsa- Rear by David, on Flickr
PS. With my other vehicles I have not bothered to edit out the Reg Plate, but I am here because the Corsa is such a popular vehicle, there are potentially a lot of people out there who might trawl the web looking for cars identical to theirs to clone number plates, and if that happens to you, it seems that the onus is on you to prove a transgression was not in your car, so easier to reduce the risk to start with.

The other extras are custom-fit Floor Mats (long gone are the days when "Mats and Flaps" were a standard thrown in with the car :( ) and a Rubber Boot Liner. Always worth while extra I think to save any spills and muck contaminating the interior.

And finally, the last extra today is essentially a bit of insurance which I am hoping will never have to use :Y What could this be? Hoping not to use so a waste of money? Lots of possible answers, but there is only one specifically correct answer ;)
So will allow 10 questions, of which my answer will be either YES or NO. Person who guesses correctly first wins a Mystery Prize :s_drinks

Sell on Line? Get a Website Designed, Built and Hosted, complete with Shop facilities from just £99
Hoovie
Admin
Admin

PostPosted by Davrav » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:57 pm

Dashcam?
RAV4 Drivers Club - For all things RAV4 and much, much more!
Davrav
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: RAV4 4.3
Year: 2008
Trim Level: XTR+
Other Vehicle: Mitsubishi ASX
Trim: Auto

PostPosted by Hoovie » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:59 pm

Davrav wrote:Dashcam?

1. Dashcam - No (but actually it is something I have not fitted yet and have & will fit, so a good answer, but in this specific case "NO")

Hoovie
Admin
Admin

PostPosted by firemac » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:11 pm

GAP?
Would you like a Single supplier for all your utilities; Award-winning customer service; Value that’s unbeatable; Easy to switch? Click on the link to hear one of the UK’s best-known & trusted personalities show you how!

http://www.utilitywarehouse.org.uk/wearebillbusters/jointheclub
firemac
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: Saab 9-3
Year: 2010
Trim Level: XWD Auto
Fuel Type: Petrol turbo
Other Vehicle: Saab 9-3
Year: 2011
Trim: 1.8t Linear
Fuel Type: Petrol turbo

PostPosted by Hoovie » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:06 pm

1. Dashcam - No
firemac wrote:GAP?

2. GAP - No (actually the first thing I bought after the car itself)

Hoovie
Admin
Admin

PostPosted by Davrav » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:17 pm

Space saver spare wheel?
RAV4 Drivers Club - For all things RAV4 and much, much more!
Davrav
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: RAV4 4.3
Year: 2008
Trim Level: XTR+
Other Vehicle: Mitsubishi ASX
Trim: Auto

PostPosted by Hoovie » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:33 pm

Davrav wrote:Space saver spare wheel?

Give that man a kewpie doll :s_thumbsup

Actually got the full kit - Space Saver, Jack, Towing eye, foam insert, etc - as the car, like just about all cars nowadays, just came with compressor and bottle of sealant. Obviously I am hoping I will never need to use it (and dragged around a space saver for 3 years in the boot of the DS5), but it's extra piece of mind, just like the Dashcam and GAP suggestions before (and both employed as well).
Fortunately Vauxhall do provide a spare wheel well so it can be dropped below the boot floor and (ideally) forgotten about :Y

Hoovie
Admin
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Car Talk