Search the Forum * View unanswered posts * View unread posts * View new posts * View active topics * Visit the Club Shop * See Club Members Deals

Hoovies New Ride ....

Section for general chatting about your RAV4 or other Rides ... What you do with it, how to use it, where you been in it, or not been in it, we don't mind... It's a free world!
Oh, If you want to get all technical, the Technical Questions and Info could be the place to go.

Re: Hoovies New Ride ....

PostPosted by dave.m » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:01 am

Hoovie wrote:
CharlieFarlie wrote:I gotta be honest it's not for me I hate Vauxhalls.

But you like it and that's all that matter. Health to enjoy ! :s_thumbsup

You did like the Mokka ;)

But seriously, different makes go through phases and and at any given time I reckon the range is liked or louthed by a person. The Vauxhalls a while back I would not have given the time of day to. I am not that keen on the current Fords, but the previous family look was really nice IMO. Reverse that for Peugeots .. the new look introduced first in the 308 last year or so look great, but before that had to go back to early 2000's for a looker.
One of your personal favs, Charlie is the Audis... they just didn't work for me until very recently when a few changes were made and now they are good looking motors.

All the above is just my own personal opinion and I don't expect anyone to agree or disagree to any degree as everyone has their own motoring styling cues that work or don't work for them :s_howdy
(And all above are based on looks and nothing else. Shallow or what! :D )

I am currently in Jersey, and the hire car I have is a Peugeot 308. It is the absolute WORST car I have ever
had the displeasure of the driving. Last year we had a Corsa, the difference is night and day :s_thumbsup
dave.m
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: Rav4 no 4
Fuel Type: Hybrid

PostPosted by firemac » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:27 am

dave.m wrote:
Hoovie wrote:
CharlieFarlie wrote:I gotta be honest it's not for me I hate Vauxhalls.

But you like it and that's all that matter. Health to enjoy ! :s_thumbsup

You did like the Mokka ;)

But seriously, different makes go through phases and and at any given time I reckon the range is liked or louthed by a person. The Vauxhalls a while back I would not have given the time of day to. I am not that keen on the current Fords, but the previous family look was really nice IMO. Reverse that for Peugeots .. the new look introduced first in the 308 last year or so look great, but before that had to go back to early 2000's for a looker.
One of your personal favs, Charlie is the Audis... they just didn't work for me until very recently when a few changes were made and now they are good looking motors.

All the above is just my own personal opinion and I don't expect anyone to agree or disagree to any degree as everyone has their own motoring styling cues that work or don't work for them :s_howdy
(And all above are based on looks and nothing else. Shallow or what! :D )

I am currently in Jersey, and the hire car I have is a Peugeot 308. It is the absolute WORST car I have ever
had the displeasure of the driving. Last year we had a Corsa, the difference is night and day :s_thumbsup

Doesn't bode well for the next generation of PSA Vauxhalls. :N
Would you like a Single supplier for all your utilities; Award-winning customer service; Value that’s unbeatable; Easy to switch? Click on the link to hear one of the UK’s best-known & trusted personalities show you how!

http://www.utilitywarehouse.org.uk/wearebillbusters/jointheclub
firemac
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: Saab 9-3
Year: 2010
Trim Level: XWD Auto
Fuel Type: Petrol turbo
Other Vehicle: Saab 9-3
Year: 2011
Trim: 1.8t Linear

PostPosted by Hoovie » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:57 am

Sometimes you can get a totally abused hire car though, so the 308 you have may not be typical of the model? (just playing devils advocate here (maybe as I am a fan of the PSA cars generally?))
Welcome to the best RAV4 Drivers Club in Europe ... come and join in the fun!

Sell on Line? Get a Website Designed, Built and Hosted, complete with Shop facilities from just £99
Visit SBS Borders for custom Web Design and Hosting services, and more besides
Hoovie
Admin
Admin

Primary Vehicle: Vauxhall Corsa!
Year: 2017
Trim Level: SE
Fuel Type: Petrol
Other Vehicle: VW Camper Vans

PostPosted by Hoovie » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm

Just came back from my dentists (about 20 miles away) and had a wee play in the new car .... for a 90BHP engine it is pretty nippy. no doubt the fairly light body helps, but the acceleration is good and it gets up to speed very well :D
Tried the heated windscreen on Sunday BTW when it was getting a bit fogged up when got into the car to go off - worked really well :s_thumbsup not had a car with heated front screen before and I can see that being very useful indeed come wintertime :Y
Talking about heated gizmos, put the heated steering wheel feature to the test this morning as well. warms up real quick and I can imagine that will be very welcome in the winter as well (or all year round if you live somewhere like Nairn :P )
Not got the 'Android Auto' sorted yet :s_scratchhead this is meant to allow you to run an app such as Google Maps on the phone and mirror the display to the cars radio screen. The car is on the compatibility list, the phone installed Android Auto and is running it, so just a setup thing I guess?

I think as time goes on I will miss the keyless entry and keyless start features on the DS5 (and also on our Swift as well). I did like being able to just walk upto the cr and it will unlock without hunting for the key. Maybe I can see if that is an add-on to pimp it up ;) Start Buttons seem to be a popular add-on as well on some cars :) .
The DS5 had that fantastic panoramic glass roof of course which the Corsa doesn't, but in reality, while the passengers tended to have the blinds open, I almost always kept the blind above me closed, so in truth it is not a feature loss that will impact me personally.

And ... I am really LOVING running a petrol car again. the quietness and smoothness compared to the diesels (including the RAV4.3 SR here) is great :s_yahoo

Sell on Line? Get a Website Designed, Built and Hosted, complete with Shop facilities from just £99
Hoovie
Admin
Admin

PostPosted by dave.m » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:52 pm

Hoovie wrote:Sometimes you can get a totally abused hire car though, so the 308 you have may not be typical of the model? (just playing devils advocate here (maybe as I am a fan of the PSA cars generally?))

Correction :rolleyes: it's a 208, got 6K miles on it, and the biting point of the clutch is right at the top :shok:
dave.m
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: Rav4 no 4
Fuel Type: Hybrid

PostPosted by Rambler » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:16 pm

Very nice David :s_thumbsup

I have to say, all the company cars at work are diesel Vauxhalls, when I have to do a quick errand locally in one, I'm quite taken with the drive of them.
Except for that horrid button handbrake :N

Enjoy :s_cool
Lifes too short.

Work to live , Not live to work..

Previous vehicle , 2002 3dr Baleric blue D4D Rav4.
Then 2014 Honda Jazz EX 1.4
Now ,2012 Rav4 XT-R 2.2 D4D.
Rambler
'750 Club' Member
'750 Club' Member

Primary Vehicle: Rav4 Xt-R 2.2 D4D.
Year: 2012
Trim Level: XT-R
Fuel Type: Diesel

PostPosted by Hoovie » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:25 pm

Rambler wrote:Very nice David :s_thumbsup

I have to say, all the company cars at work are diesel Vauxhalls, when I have to do a quick errand locally in one, I'm quite taken with the drive of them.

Cheers :s_thumbsup

button handbrake? they have an electronic brake on 'your' vauxhalls?
On my Corsa it is a normal manual lift-up handbrake, but on the DS5 I had an electronic handbrake and I thought it was really good as I never had to touch it - it engaged and disengaged totally automatically :s_cool (but yet another thing to go wrong as a vehicle ages I suppose :s_blush )

Hoovie
Admin
Admin

PostPosted by firemac » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:34 pm

Hoovie wrote:
Rambler wrote:Very nice David :s_thumbsup

Cheers :s_thumbsup

button handbrake? they have an electronic brake on 'your' vauxhalls?
On my Corsa it is a normal manual lift-up handbrake, but on the DS5 I had an electronic handbrake and I thought it was really good as I never had to touch it - it engaged and disengaged totally automatically :s_cool (but yet another thing to go wrong as a vehicle ages I suppose :s_blush )

And you can't do a handbrake turn with an electric h/b. :D :D
Would you like a Single supplier for all your utilities; Award-winning customer service; Value that’s unbeatable; Easy to switch? Click on the link to hear one of the UK’s best-known & trusted personalities show you how!

http://www.utilitywarehouse.org.uk/wearebillbusters/jointheclub
firemac
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: Saab 9-3
Year: 2010
Trim Level: XWD Auto
Other Vehicle: Saab 9-3
Year: 2011
Trim: 1.8t Linear

PostPosted by clarki » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:10 pm

Hope it's better than the Insignia I had as a stop gap for a couple of months. Cheap, but probably the worst car I've ever had the misfortune to drive. Hateful, hateful thing.
clarki
Club Member
Club Member

Primary Vehicle: Rav4
Year: 2009
Trim Level: XT-R
Fuel Type: D-4D
Other Vehicle: SLK
Fuel Type: Lots

PostPosted by Big Kev » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:47 pm

A sales colleague once asked me to spec up his new company Passat, as he had no interest or clue aboot cars. He covered the North of Scotland and lived in Aberdeen, so I spec'd it up to have the Heated Front Screen/Winter Pack. The very first time he had a frost on the windscreen, he used the front screen heater.......and the windscreen ended up inside the car in 17 million fragments.......took a while for him to speak to me thereafter. Dealer admitted it was not the only wan what did it either.......oh how we laughed.

Should be STANDARD IN ALL CARS.
"Nobody knows where my Johnnie has gone"........why sing about a missing condom....?
Big Kev
Official Club Comic
Official Club Comic

Primary Vehicle: Rav4
Year: 2012
Trim Level: SR Auto
Fuel Type: Diesel
Other Vehicle: Rav4
Year: 2004
Trim: Granite
Fuel Type: Petrol 3 Door.

PreviousNext