Search the Forum * View unanswered posts * View unread posts * View new posts * View active topics * Visit the Club Shop * See Club Members Deals

bargain Rav4

Section for general chatting about your RAV4 or other Rides ... What you do with it, how to use it, where you been in it, or not been in it, we don't mind... It's a free world!
Oh, If you want to get all technical, the Technical Questions and Info could be the place to go.

bargain Rav4

PostPosted by jolak » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:18 pm

I've just gone on ebay to see what sort of money 2011 Ravs are going for as I shall be selling mine soon if all goes well. It's generally from £7500 to £11000 depending on the usual factors.
The first one that comes up is a 2010 with 55000 miles on the clock which looks tidy at an astounding £4200 in a classified ad!
I had a look at the seller and he/she only registered for ebay on 2 July, which is presumably when the ad went on.
If it looks too good to be true .................
jolak
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Re: bargain Rav4

PostPosted by Hoovie » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:22 pm

jolak wrote:I've just gone on ebay to see what sort of money 2011 Ravs are going for as I shall be selling mine soon if all goes well. It's generally from £7500 to £11000 depending on the usual factors.
The first one that comes up is a 2010 with 55000 miles on the clock which looks tidy at an astounding £4200 in a classified ad!
I had a look at the seller and he/she only registered for ebay on 2 July, which is presumably when the ad went on.

Check if they also have a JCB digger and a couple of motorhomes for sale as well (seriously :Y )
Welcome to the best RAV4 Drivers Club in Europe ... come and join in the fun!

Sell on Line? Get a Website Designed, Built and Hosted, complete with Shop facilities from just £99
Visit SBS Borders for custom Web Design and Hosting services, and more besides
Hoovie
Admin
Admin

Primary Vehicle: Vauxhall Corsa!
Year: 2017
Trim Level: SE
Fuel Type: Petrol
Other Vehicle: VW Camper Vans

PostPosted by Big Kev » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:18 pm

Hoovie wrote:
jolak wrote:I've just gone on ebay to see what sort of money 2011 Ravs are going for as I shall be selling mine soon if all goes well. It's generally from £7500 to £11000 depending on the usual factors.

Check if they also have a JCB digger and a couple of motorhomes for sale as well (seriously :Y )

.....then they will give you a price to tarmac your driveway.....with tarmac they have dug up from the laybys their caravans are parked on.
"Nobody knows where my Johnnie has gone"........why sing about a missing condom....?
Big Kev
Official Club Comic
Official Club Comic

Primary Vehicle: Rav4
Year: 2012
Trim Level: SR Auto
Fuel Type: Diesel
Other Vehicle: Rav4
Year: 2004
Trim: Granite
Fuel Type: Petrol 3 Door.

PostPosted by jolak » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:52 pm

no other items for sale just a link to a volvo pcp deal. waiting for a reply to my message to the seller.
jolak
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

PostPosted by bobbymcleish » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:08 pm

I'll buy 10 at that price and sell them on !!!!
2011 Toyota Rav4 D-CAT SR Auto Pearl White, style pack, front/rear sensors, DRL's, Autolocks, Dual Rear Exhaust, DAB, front & rear Silent Witness dashcams.
bobbymcleish
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: Rav4 D-Cat SR Auto
Year: 2011
Trim Level: SR
Other Vehicle: Estima
Year: 2003
Trim: Leather

PostPosted by jolak » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:46 pm

I've found another one on ebay, 2010, 49000 miles for £4295.00. It's looking grim for me. Just got an excellent deal on a new Sorento KX2, paid the deposit and signed on the dotted line.
I wonder if the Ravs priced £7500 to £11000 from dealers are selling?
The dealer offered £3900 for mine and said it would just go to auction where there was a danger it might not fetch that amount, so he didn't really want it.
jolak
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

PostPosted by Hoovie » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:05 pm

Have you got a quote from webuyanycar.com? I am finding they are actually quoting similar prices to ones seen on autotrader (maybe they have ended up dictating the market?)

Sell on Line? Get a Website Designed, Built and Hosted, complete with Shop facilities from just £99
Hoovie
Admin
Admin

PostPosted by CharlieFarlie » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:08 pm

jolak wrote:I've found another one on ebay, 2010, 49000 miles for £4295.00. It's looking grim for me. Just got an excellent deal on a new Sorento KX2, paid the deposit and signed on the dotted line.
I wonder if the Ravs priced £7500 to £11000 from dealers are selling?
The dealer offered £3900 for mine and said it would just go to auction where there was a danger it might not fetch that amount, so he didn't really want it.

Unless I'm missing something we're missing details for your car ? 2011 you say ? Is it a minter or a munter. Good condition or bad high or low miles ? How can we possibly say or guess at what your car is worth ? The 3990 bid may be way low or high.

Selling cars private is still viable but no one these days seem to own cars. Most go PCP or these deals where they pay so much a month and never own the car . Makes selling harder.

Edit. Hoodie is right about WBAC but they robbing sods !! They offered me less than half what I sold my daughters car for !!

Just sell it your self and get decent money . Or if it's a proper car with sensible mileage and good condition sell it to me and I will double up...
For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name... He marks not that you won or lost.. But how you played the game..
CharlieFarlie
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: Rav4 Invincible Auto
Year: 2013
Trim Level: Invincible Automatic
Fuel Type: 2.2 Diesel
Other Vehicle: Toyota IQ Right foot
Year: 2012
Trim: Trainer
Fuel Type: Petrol . = fumes..

PostPosted by bobbymcleish » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:36 am

I would only use "we buy any car dot com" if I was desperate.

Besides I found that "money 4 your motor dot com" on average pay about £700 more.

I found this out when I was bored and checked a few out.
2011 Toyota Rav4 D-CAT SR Auto Pearl White, style pack, front/rear sensors, DRL's, Autolocks, Dual Rear Exhaust, DAB, front & rear Silent Witness dashcams.
bobbymcleish
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: Rav4 D-Cat SR Auto
Year: 2011
Trim Level: SR
Other Vehicle: Estima
Year: 2003
Trim: Leather

PostPosted by Hoovie » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:12 pm

Just trying that alternative service :)

I found BYAC to actually match what I was expecting after checking Autotrader adverts. I guess it might make a difference what type of car you have?

Hoovie
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to Car Talk