Search the Forum * View unanswered posts * View unread posts * View new posts * View active topics * Visit the Club Shop * See Club Members Deals

bargain Rav4

Section for general chatting about your RAV4 or other Rides ... What you do with it, how to use it, where you been in it, or not been in it, we don't mind... It's a free world!
Oh, If you want to get all technical, the Technical Questions and Info could be the place to go.

Re: bargain Rav4

PostPosted by Big Kev » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:11 pm

jolak wrote:result! First to view bought it.

Bliddy marvellous....!!!!
"Nobody knows where my Johnnie has gone"........why sing about a missing condom....?
Big Kev
Official Club Comic
Official Club Comic

Primary Vehicle: Rav4
Year: 2012
Trim Level: SR Auto
Fuel Type: Diesel
Other Vehicle: Rav4
Year: 2004
Trim: Granite
Fuel Type: Petrol 3 Door.

PostPosted by DavidWilson » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:34 pm

jolak wrote:result! First to view bought it.

That's good news :)
RAV4 Drivers Club, the best Toyota RAV4 forum in the UK!

Previous owner of LC3, RAV 4.3 2.2 diesel and 4.3 XT4 2.0 petrol, and many other Toyotas!

20years_RAV4.jpg
DavidWilson
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: Honda CRV Auto
Trim Level: SE+
Fuel Type: Petrol
Other Vehicle: Honda Jazz CVT
Trim: EX

PostPosted by jolak » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:02 pm

yes good result - £50.00 off what I wanted and he's happy to wait until my new motor is ready. I was dreading having to deal with the usual tyre kickers. It will still be sad having to part with a good motor - just glad I haven't had to sell it for a knock down price to some shady dealer. I have reservations about whether or not I'll get on with the Kia - if not, I'll just have to punch myself in the face a few times for a major error of judgement as I was sorely tempted by the excellent deal I was offered by a Mazda dealer for an old model CX5!
Never mind, I'm at the age that my next new car will probably be a Honda Jazz or something equally exciting and the weekly highlight will be lunch at a garden centre - s*** this is getting depressing.
jolak
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

PostPosted by CharlieFarlie » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:11 pm

J.D wrote:
CharlieFarlie wrote:Tcut is rubbish. It's ammonia based and can leave stains. Get a low cut polish or even medium cut if doing by hand.

I have a DAS 6 pro with both a soft black and a medium yellow Merzerna pads, and Menzerna 2-200 med cut, and 3- 800 super finish.
From what you are saying I would be best to use Black pad and the 3-800 polish ?

DAS pro fine :s_thumbsup

Menzerna SF ( Otherwise known as FF for Final Finish) also bang on and is excellent quality polish. I use almost exclusively Menzerna polishes.

I would start by using the soft pad.

Make sure the pad is damp ow even slightly wet.

Apply sparingly.

Use a nice slow speed don't go fast nice and slow far better. Do a small area and examine to see if correction is happening. It should Menzerna is a technical effective polish.

If not move to the harder pad but keep things wet ! Very important this as the water helps the tiny particles in Menz break down and get to work.

Menzerna keeps in grade its cut remains VERY consistent which means it cuts at the same rate throughout the polishing it does not reduce and cause confusion and grief like many polishes do.

Soft pad Menz FF or SF perfect !! :s_thumbsup
For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name... He marks not that you won or lost.. But how you played the game..
CharlieFarlie
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: Rav4 Invincible Auto
Year: 2013
Trim Level: Invincible Automatic
Fuel Type: 2.2 Diesel
Other Vehicle: Toyota IQ Right foot
Trim: Trainer
Fuel Type: Petrol . = fumes..

PostPosted by dave.m » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:22 pm

jolak wrote:yes good result - £50.00 off what I wanted and he's happy to wait until my new motor is ready. I was dreading having to deal with the usual tyre kickers. It will still be sad having to part with a good motor - just glad I haven't had to sell it for a knock down price to some shady dealer. I have reservations about whether or not I'll get on with the Kia - if not, I'll just have to punch myself in the face a few times for a major error of judgement as I was sorely tempted by the excellent deal I was offered by a Mazda dealer for an old model CX5!
Never mind, I'm at the age that my next new car will probably be a Honda Jazz or something equally exciting and the weekly highlight will be lunch at a garden centre - s*** this is getting depressing.

FWIW, I like the Kia's, good luck with it :s_thumbsup
dave.m
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: Rav4 no 4
Fuel Type: Hybrid

PostPosted by J.D » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:05 am

DAS pro fine :s_thumbsup

Menzerna SF ( Otherwise known as FF for Final Finish) also bang on and is excellent quality polish. I use almost exclusively Menzerna polishes.

I would start by using the soft pad.

Make sure the pad is damp ow even slightly wet.

Apply sparingly.

Use a nice slow speed don't go fast nice and slow far better. Do a small area and examine to see if correction is happening. It should Menzerna is a technical effective polish.

If not move to the harder pad but keep things wet ! Very important this as the water helps the tiny particles in Menz break down and get to work.

Menzerna keeps in grade its cut remains VERY consistent which means it cuts at the same rate throughout the polishing it does not reduce and cause confusion and grief like many polishes do.

Soft pad Menz FF or SF perfect !! :s_thumbsup[/quote]

Thanks very much for the advice Charlie. Sorry for hijacking your thread jolak.
J.D

Primary Vehicle: Rav 4:3
Year: 2006
Trim Level: XT4
Fuel Type: petrol

PostPosted by DavidWilson » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:23 am

jolak wrote:yes good result - £50.00 off what I wanted and he's happy to wait until my new motor is ready. I was dreading having to deal with the usual tyre kickers. It will still be sad having to part with a good motor - just glad I haven't had to sell it for a knock down price to some shady dealer. I have reservations about whether or not I'll get on with the Kia - if not, I'll just have to punch myself in the face a few times for a major error of judgement as I was sorely tempted by the excellent deal I was offered by a Mazda dealer for an old model CX5!

Ha ha - I traded my MX5 for a Honda Jazz and lunch at a garden centre would be a treat :s_yahoo
Enjoy your Kia!
RAV4 Drivers Club, the best Toyota RAV4 forum in the UK!

Previous owner of LC3, RAV 4.3 2.2 diesel and 4.3 XT4 2.0 petrol, and many other Toyotas!

20years_RAV4.jpg
DavidWilson
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: Honda CRV Auto
Trim Level: SE+
Other Vehicle: Honda Jazz CVT
Trim: EX

Previous