Search the Forum * View unanswered posts * View unread posts * View new posts * View active topics * Visit the Club Shop * See Club Members Deals

New CX-5

Section for general chatting about your RAV4 or other Rides ... What you do with it, how to use it, where you been in it, or not been in it, we don't mind... It's a free world!
Oh, If you want to get all technical, the Technical Questions and Info could be the place to go.

New CX-5

PostPosted by clarki » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:55 pm

So the misses has been looking for a new car for a little while now, she has a V40 cross country.

We saw the new CX-5 at the weekend and have it for the evening on Wednesday. have to say it looked good and the standard kit on a sportnav is impressive.

Anyone had a CX-5? Any problems to report? The best engine/transmission combination?

Mazda's 50% now and 50% at 0% APR over 4 years is very tempting too.

Oh, I've already decided if she does go for it, it has to be soul red - awesome colour.
clarki
Club Member
Club Member

Primary Vehicle: Rav4
Year: 2009
Trim Level: XT-R
Fuel Type: D-4D
Other Vehicle: SLK
Fuel Type: Lots

Re: New CX-5

PostPosted by anchorman » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:49 pm

clarki wrote:So the misses has been looking for a new car for a little while now, she has a V40 cross country.

We saw the new CX-5 at the weekend and have it for the evening on Wednesday. have to say it looked good and the standard kit on a sportnav is impressive.

Anyone had a CX-5? Any problems to report? The best engine/transmission combination?

Mazda's 50% now and 50% at 0% APR over 4 years is very tempting too.

Oh, I've already decided if she does go for it, it has to be soul red - awesome colour.

I've had the 2016 model (although somebody else has it now) and it was very good. If I'm honest it was much more civilised than the RAV in terms of ride, handling and noise. It was also better kitted out.

I've ordered a 2017 model which is allegedly a step improvement. Mine was the 175 auto and just astonishing to drive. The best auto outside of a Merc. It had a left mirror which refused to fold automatically and as it had the brand new electronic handbrake, they modded the rear calipers and it had those on too. I had it for 14 months and 14000 miles. I had no intention of changing it but some bar steward took a shine to it.

© 2017 RAV4driversclub.com
No part of this post may be copied out of this forum without express permission of Anchorman.

Any advice given is meant to be helpful and in good spirit. No liability is accepted for loss , damage or injury. WORK SAFELY

RAV4driversclub.com - Made for RAV4 drivers, suitable for all.

Nothing I write is intended to directly offend anyone no matter how it comes across.
And another thing......

20years_RAV4.jpg
anchorman
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: Mazda CX5 T180 eater
Year: 2015
Trim Level: Sportnav
Fuel Type: Euro VI diesel

PostPosted by clarki » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:46 pm

Drove nice. New looks are quite stylish and the interior is now really very plush and quiet (the rav, and many others tbh, will have to up their game).

Deal done, 150 SportNav model ordered, soul red, stone leather, due in 3 weeks.
clarki
Club Member
Club Member

PostPosted by anchorman » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:05 pm

clarki wrote:Drove nice. New looks are quite stylish and the interior is now really very plush and quiet (the rav, and many others tbh, will have to up their game).

Deal done, 150 SportNav model ordered, soul red, stone leather, due in 3 weeks.

Nearly the same. I've got the 175 Sportnav, Soul Red and the stone interior. Also went for the Safety Pack which I found to be worth every penny on the last one. They will apparently bring out a hybrid in 2-3 years which will be my last car before I retire.
No part of this post may be copied out of this forum without express permission of Anchorman.

Any advice given is meant to be helpful and in good spirit. No liability is accepted for loss , damage or injury. WORK SAFELY

Nothing I write is intended to directly offend anyone no matter how it comes across.
And another thing......

20years_RAV4.jpg
anchorman
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

PostPosted by Phaeton » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:49 pm

anchorman wrote:which will be my last car before I retire.

My father said that in 1984 when he retired, he's 96 now & I would not like to guess how many new cars he's had since then, but it must be North of 10, but that is only 1 every 3 years.
Phaeton
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: 4.3
Year: 2007
Trim Level: XT5
Fuel Type: Diesel
Other Vehicle: Auris, Funbuggy
Fuel Type: Petrol

PostPosted by Davrav » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:05 pm

Phaeton wrote:

My father said that in 1984 when he retired, he's 96 now & I would not like to guess how many new cars he's had since then, but it must be North of 10, but that is only 1 every 3 years.

Oh, I believe Anchs has left the door way open on that one - he said last car before he retires in two or three years...............
RAV4 Drivers Club - For all things RAV4 and much, much more!
Davrav
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: RAV4 4.3
Year: 2008
Trim Level: XTR+
Other Vehicle: Mitsubishi ASX
Year: 2017
Trim: Auto

PostPosted by anchorman » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:15 pm

Davrav wrote:
Phaeton wrote:

Oh, I believe Anchs has left the door way open on that one - he said last car before he retires in two or three years...............

Haha, never say never!

And another thing......

20years_RAV4.jpg
anchorman
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

PostPosted by DavidWilson » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:37 pm

I must admit I felt quite sad at the thought of buying my last car, but I have bought several since and not planning on stopping yet! Interesting to read the positive comments on the Mazda CX5 :s_thumbsup
RAV4 Drivers Club, the best Toyota RAV4 forum in the UK!

Previous owner of LC3, RAV 4.3 2.2 diesel and 4.3 XT4 2.0 petrol, and many other Toyotas!

20years_RAV4.jpg
DavidWilson
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: Honda CRV Auto
Year: 2012
Trim Level: SE+
Other Vehicle: Honda Jazz CVT
Trim: EX

PostPosted by clarki » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:53 am

Well, collected last weekend and have to say it seems nice.

Looks great, goes well and the interior quality is first class (hint Toyota!! yours is nowhere near the same league). Do like the HUD, that's a very good addition. But, best of all, the misses is over the moon and happy :s_cool

Never stop buying cars!!
clarki
Club Member
Club Member

PostPosted by Uncle bob » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:10 pm

Well done.....enjoy :s_thumbsup
Past Rav4's owned......
1996 import 3 door RAV4 J type.
2004 XT3 3 door.
RAV4 DRIVERS CLUB. The number one choice for UK Rav4 owners.
My big jobs thread....post15823.html#p15823
Uncle bob
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: Lexus
Year: 2003
Trim Level: SC430
Other Vehicle: Toyota Aygo
Year: 2006
Trim: Sport