Search the Forum * View unanswered posts * View unread posts * View new posts * View active topics * Visit the Club Shop * See Club Members Deals

Turbo?

If you have a Technical Question about your Toyota RAV4 or other SUV then this is the place to post it in!
Forum rules
Please note all information is provided with good intention, but provided as is, with no guarantee given or implied.

You should make you own investigations and validation of information and the RAV4 Drivers Club will not be held responsible for any errors and incidents due to information provided here

Work Safely and within your own capabilities and experience

Turbo?

PostPosted by mariia » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:25 am

Find that the turbo lags when putting my foot down. Some times this results in a loss of power and 2 lights showing. If I turn the engine off and then on again, one light disappears and the engine management light stays on for a handful of drives. I have tried using BG244 to clear through and I haven't put any cheap fuel in since owning it.
Pipes have been checked and they all seem spot on, no holes or splits.

What should I try next?
I have a new turbo waiting to be fitted, just want to run through the cheaper options first with it being a temperamental problem and not constant.

It's a 55plate 2.0 DTD
mariia

Re: Turbo?

PostPosted by shcm » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:38 am

Have a search for "SCV" (Suction Control Valves). They can (but not always) be one of the culprits in this type of thing.

Also, if the check engine lamp is coming on, it's sensible to get a generic OBD code reader and read the stored fault code, to maybe help give a pointer to the problem.
My RAV4 Average: ImageImageImage

My Urban Cruiser Average: ImageImageImage

This post is © 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 rav4driversclub.com
shcm
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: RAV 4.4 Hybrid
Year: 2016
Trim Level: Excel with TSS
Fuel Type: Petrol/Electric
Other Vehicle: Urban Cruiser
Year: 2012
Trim: 1.4 D4D
Fuel Type: Diesel

Re: Turbo?

PostPosted by mariia » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:11 am

I will check them out at the weekend then!

I have a code reader, p1251 it shows which says a fault with the turbo.
mariia

Return to SUV Technical Q & A