Search the Forum * View unanswered posts * View unread posts * View new posts * View active topics * Visit the Club Shop * See Club Members Deals

Hybrid

Section for general chatting about your RAV4 or other Rides ... What you do with it, how to use it, where you been in it, or not been in it, we don't mind... It's a free world!
Oh, If you want to get all technical, the Technical Questions and Info could be the place to go.

Hybrid

PostPosted by Kencat » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:37 am

Thinking of changing my three and a half year old silver deiesl 2.0 icon rav for a 10 month old blue hybrid ?
Kencat
Club Regular
Club Regular

Re: Hybrid

PostPosted by Big Kev » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:34 am

You will get nae argument from Andy shcm hereon......wax lyrical he will.
"Nobody knows where my Johnnie has gone"........why sing about a missing condom....?
Big Kev
Official Club Comic
Official Club Comic

Primary Vehicle: Rav4
Year: 2012
Trim Level: SR Auto
Fuel Type: Diesel
Other Vehicle: Rav4
Year: 2004
Trim: Granite
Fuel Type: Petrol 3 Door.

PostPosted by CharlieFarlie » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:48 pm

From a financial point of view it wold be very costly. I would imagine a 2.0 will have lost a lot of money and residuals will be low. That goes for all cars really but in particular the 2.0 which proved unpopular.

If your car is low mileage and your miles per year are low it will take forever to make the car pay. If you do big miles it might make morse sence ..

My car is the same as yours but the 2.2 Inincible with every option and I bet the trade in value would be bugger all. It's the wrong age to PX or sell as the cars are no longer new or old if you see what I mean.

Also depends on how much you want one of course. For me cars have to make sence these days. :s_thumbsup
For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name... He marks not that you won or lost.. But how you played the game..
CharlieFarlie
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: Rav4 Invincible Auto
Year: 2013
Trim Level: Invincible Automatic
Fuel Type: 2.2 Diesel
Other Vehicle: Toyota IQ Right foot
Trim: Trainer
Fuel Type: Petrol . = fumes..

PostPosted by shcm » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:38 pm

Big Kev wrote:You will get nae argument from Andy shcm hereon......wax lyrical he will.

So far, probably the best RAV I've owned. (No. 4). Depends what your priorities are in a vehicle. It may not be everybody's cup of tea. I think it's an outstanding vehicle.
My RAV4 Average: ImageImageImage

My Urban Cruiser Average: ImageImageImage

This post is © 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 rav4driversclub.com
shcm
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: RAV 4.4 Hybrid
Year: 2016
Trim Level: Excel with TSS
Fuel Type: Petrol/Electric
Other Vehicle: Urban Cruiser
Trim: 1.4 D4D

PostPosted by dave.m » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:10 pm

shcm wrote:
Big Kev wrote:You will get nae argument from Andy shcm hereon......wax lyrical he will.

So far, probably the best RAV I've owned. (No. 4). Depends what your priorities are in a vehicle. It may not be everybody's cup of tea. I think it's an outstanding vehicle.

+1, also best Rav I've owned, and mine ain't the posh one it's a business edition plus TSS.
Also my Rav no 4, would highly recommend it to anyone thinking of buying one. :s_thumbsup
dave.m
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: Rav4 no 4
Fuel Type: Hybrid

PostPosted by Kencat » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:00 pm

Thanks thay sound very nice ! I do like to change my car every few years , shame as I will lose a lot off money, the difference between the deiesl and the hybrid seen very large , shame mine is in mint condition and only 34000 miles
Kencat
Club Regular
Club Regular

PostPosted by anchorman » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:32 am

dave.m wrote:
shcm wrote:

+1, also best Rav I've owned, and mine ain't the posh one it's a business edition plus TSS.
Also my Rav no 4, would highly recommend it to anyone thinking of buying one. :s_thumbsup

Better than the VW Dave?
© 2017 RAV4driversclub.com
No part of this post may be copied out of this forum without express permission of Anchorman.

Any advice given is meant to be helpful and in good spirit. No liability is accepted for loss , damage or injury. WORK SAFELY

RAV4driversclub.com - Made for RAV4 drivers, suitable for all.

Nothing I write is intended to directly offend anyone no matter how it comes across.
And another thing......

20years_RAV4.jpg
anchorman
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: Mazda CX5 T180 eater
Year: 2015
Trim Level: Sportnav
Fuel Type: Euro VI diesel

PostPosted by dave.m » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:31 am

anchorman wrote:
dave.m wrote:
shcm wrote:

Better than the VW Dave?

I really liked my Tiguan Don, there was a good chance I would have ended up in a new one. But I don't know
who they are trying to kid with the price. An R Line like the one I had but with auto DSG box is £37K list price.
What actually killed VW for me though was the attitude of them and the dealers especially. IMHO they should
be bending over backwards to keep customers like me. Truth is, they don't give a stuff.

As for the Rav, the Hybrid is a belter. I had been looking for months for a pre reg or ex demo. I kept missing
them. They seem to sell like bloody hot cakes, hence why I have the model I may not necessarily have chosen.
But it's still the best of the four Rav's I have owned. That 2.5 engine is sweet as a nut, and what a lot of
people don't realise is yes it it CVT. But it's not rubber band drive, it's a planetary gear set up. BRILLIANT.

Planetary gears, now that's got my juices flowing :D :D :D
dave.m
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: Rav4 no 4
Fuel Type: Hybrid

PostPosted by shcm » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:29 am

With the current climate, hopefully the RAV is at least something to put a smile on your face, Dave. :s_thumbsup

The little Urban Cruiser has been the work horse of late, so I've got relatively few miles up on the RAV. However, an urban journey of about 8 miles, a week or so ago, saw the thing reporting 65mpg for the trip (compared with the official figure of about 55). OK, I think this RAV's reading reports a bit optimistically, but never-the-less, I think that is very good for a vehicle of this size. (...and the mpg figure below in my sig is a bit misleading at the moment - not enough fill-ups yet).

I'm not expecting to do so well on long haul trips. There's a long motorway run coming up soon, so I shall see.

The thing is just so smooth and calming to drive, but will still shift if you ask it to. The word "belter" just doesn't do it justice. ;) :s_thumbsup
My RAV4 Average: ImageImageImage

My Urban Cruiser Average: ImageImageImage

This post is © 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 rav4driversclub.com
shcm
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: RAV 4.4 Hybrid
Year: 2016
Trim Level: Excel with TSS
Fuel Type: Petrol/Electric
Other Vehicle: Urban Cruiser
Trim: 1.4 D4D

PostPosted by CharlieFarlie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:50 am

Given where we live now and the increased mileage that goes with it the Hybrid would make more sense but I don't understand the technology and I think we are still at the bottom of the improvement curve. We have the IQs which keep our overall costs low but if we never had them maybe it would become a priority..
For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name... He marks not that you won or lost.. But how you played the game..
CharlieFarlie
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: Rav4 Invincible Auto
Year: 2013
Trim Level: Invincible Automatic
Fuel Type: 2.2 Diesel
Other Vehicle: Toyota IQ Right foot
Trim: Trainer
Fuel Type: Petrol . = fumes..

Next