Search the Forum * View unanswered posts * View unread posts * View new posts * View active topics * Visit the Club Shop * See Club Members Deals


Roof cross bars.

Looking for stuff? Ask here for whatever you want, as long as it adhere to the club rules
Forum rules
This section is primarily for the use of Private Individuals to sell/request/swap items.
If a Business wishes to promote items for sale, then they need to request membership as an Approved Trader, and will be provided with a dedicated section for their sales and offers
In order to post items for sale here, it is necessary to be a Club Supporter.

It is not permitted to advertise Products and Services of a dubious nature. These include any illegal software/warez products, any X-Rated products, indirect links to X-Rated Sites, and any products and services created to prey on the unfortunate, such as PayDay Loan Companies, Ambulance Chasers or PPI Repayment Companies.

For ANY and ALL items bought and sold here, the contract is between the buyer and the seller, and this forum and its servants are not responsible for any issues and otherwise that may be incurred. Both parties must satisfy themselves regarding all aspects of the transaction and the RAV4DriversClub will not become involved in any disputes that may occur.

Roof cross bars.

PostPosted by CharlieFarlie » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:14 pm

I need a set of roof bars. The ones that go across the car and clamp onto the longitudinal fit roof rails.

I had a pair of the cheap ones from Lidl that were fine on my 4.3 but the figment for the 4.4 is fractionally wider . I would imagine genuine Toyota ones from say a 4.3 would be longer than the Lidl ones which are cheap universal figment. Fine they are but to short for me . A quick measure will reveal all. I don't want to spend a lot of money as they will get used rarely that said I'm not fussed on condition so long as they are strong and complete.
For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name... He marks not that you won or lost.. But how you played the game..
User avatar
CharlieFarlie
Club Moderator
Club Moderator
 
Posts: 7617
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:34 pm
Location: In the hills of Herefordshire......
Real Name: Charlie
Primary Vehicle: Rav4 Invincible Auto
Year: 2013
Trim Level: Invincible Automatic
Fuel Type: 2.2 Diesel
Other Vehicle: Toyota IQ Right foot
Year: 2012
Trim: Trainer
Fuel Type: Petrol . = fumes..
Country: UK

Re: Roof cross bars.

PostPosted by Two-T » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:14 pm

CharlieFarlie wrote:I need a set of roof bars. The ones that go across the car and clamp onto the longitudinal fit roof rails.

I had a pair of the cheap ones from Lidl that were fine on my 4.3 but the figment for the 4.4 is fractionally wider . I would imagine genuine Toyota ones from say a 4.3 would be longer than the Lidl ones which are cheap universal figment. Fine they are but to short for me . A quick measure will reveal all. I don't want to spend a lot of money as they will get used rarely that said I'm not fussed on condition so long as they are strong and complete.


Mine are 1.29m (or 4'3").
they Thule square, as when I use them the bikes are on and they have an aerodynamic of a brick anyway (also at that time the caravan is at the back...). They never stay on the car if not carrying the bike.
User avatar
Two-T
Club Supporter
Club Supporter
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:15 pm
Primary Vehicle: RAV4!
Year: 2014
Trim Level: Invincible
Fuel Type: Diesel
Other Vehicle: Corolla
Year: 1999
Trim: GS
Fuel Type: Petrol
Country: UK

Re: Roof cross bars.

PostPosted by CharlieFarlie » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:09 pm

Two-T wrote:
CharlieFarlie wrote:I need a set of roof bars. The ones that go across the car and clamp onto the longitudinal fit roof rails.

I had a pair of the cheap ones from Lidl that were fine on my 4.3 but the figment for the 4.4 is fractionally wider . I would imagine genuine Toyota ones from say a 4.3 would be longer than the Lidl ones which are cheap universal figment. Fine they are but to short for me . A quick measure will reveal all. I don't want to spend a lot of money as they will get used rarely that said I'm not fussed on condition so long as they are strong and complete.


Mine are 1.29m (or 4'3").
they Thule square, as when I use them the bikes are on and they have an aerodynamic of a brick anyway (also at that time the caravan is at the back...). They never stay on the car if not carrying the bike.



Thanks for the info ! When they are on is there any overhang over the brackets ??
For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name... He marks not that you won or lost.. But how you played the game..
User avatar
CharlieFarlie
Club Moderator
Club Moderator
 
Posts: 7617
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:34 pm
Location: In the hills of Herefordshire......
Real Name: Charlie
Primary Vehicle: Rav4 Invincible Auto
Year: 2013
Trim Level: Invincible Automatic
Fuel Type: 2.2 Diesel
Other Vehicle: Toyota IQ Right foot
Year: 2012
Trim: Trainer
Fuel Type: Petrol . = fumes..
Country: UK

Re: Roof cross bars.

PostPosted by Hoovie » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:38 pm

Just checked on the bars I have and used on my RAV4.2... think they are too short as are the Thule 861 120cm bars.

This link will tell you what sizes you need ... https://roofracks.co.uk/Thule-Fit-Guide ... plus&id=93

The most expensive part of a Thule system is often the feet (on my T5, I actually went for the most fancy bars and the feet clamps were still more then the bars :rolleyes: ) - can you get standard bars a bit longer then the LIDL ones and reuse the clamps?
Welcome to the best RAV4 Drivers Club in Europe ... come and join in the fun!


Sell on Line? Get a Website Designed, Built and Hosted, complete with Shop facilities from just £99
Visit SBS Borders for custom Web Design and Hosting services, and more besides
User avatar
Hoovie
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 11908
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:56 pm
Location: Scottish Borders
Real Name: David
Primary Vehicle: Citroen DS5 μ-Hybrid
Other Vehicle: VW Camper Vans
Country: UK

Re: Roof cross bars.

PostPosted by Two-T » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:42 pm

CharlieFarlie wrote:
Two-T wrote:
CharlieFarlie wrote:I need a set of roof bars. The ones that go across the car and clamp onto the longitudinal fit roof rails.

I had a pair of the cheap ones from Lidl that were fine on my 4.3 but the figment for the 4.4 is fractionally wider . I would imagine genuine Toyota ones from say a 4.3 would be longer than the Lidl ones which are cheap universal figment. Fine they are but to short for me . A quick measure will reveal all. I don't want to spend a lot of money as they will get used rarely that said I'm not fussed on condition so long as they are strong and complete.


Mine are 1.29m (or 4'3").
they Thule square, as when I use them the bikes are on and they have an aerodynamic of a brick anyway (also at that time the caravan is at the back...). They never stay on the car if not carrying the bike.



Thanks for the info ! When they are on is there any overhang over the brackets ??


Yes, there is about 5cm (2" ) each side. A bit less on the front.
They are these: https://www.thule.com/en-gb/gb/roof-rack/roof-bars/thule-squarebar-769-_-769000
I also use these : https://www.thule.com/en-gb/gb/roof-rack/accessories/thule-rapid-system-775-_-775000
They are nice and there is rubber everywhere, so no scratches.
User avatar
Two-T
Club Supporter
Club Supporter
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:15 pm
Primary Vehicle: RAV4!
Year: 2014
Trim Level: Invincible
Fuel Type: Diesel
Other Vehicle: Corolla
Year: 1999
Trim: GS
Fuel Type: Petrol
Country: UK

Re: Roof cross bars.

PostPosted by CharlieFarlie » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:16 pm

Thanks guys !

David I gave my Lidl ones away as they were to short ..
For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name... He marks not that you won or lost.. But how you played the game..
User avatar
CharlieFarlie
Club Moderator
Club Moderator
 
Posts: 7617
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:34 pm
Location: In the hills of Herefordshire......
Real Name: Charlie
Primary Vehicle: Rav4 Invincible Auto
Year: 2013
Trim Level: Invincible Automatic
Fuel Type: 2.2 Diesel
Other Vehicle: Toyota IQ Right foot
Year: 2012
Trim: Trainer
Fuel Type: Petrol . = fumes..
Country: UK


Return to Wanted

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


Interested in being a Club Supporter? Click Here!



Powered by Prophpbb Premium | Report Abuse | Privacy