Search the Forum * View unanswered posts * View unread posts * View new posts * View active topics * Visit the Club Shop * See Club Members Deals

Race 12 - Belgium - Fri 25 – Sun 27 Aug 2017

Discussion on F1 in 2017. Races Reports, Preamble, News and Scandals. Post here!
(not into F1? No problem. Just walk past, nothing to see here)

Re: Race 12 - Belgium - Fri 25 – Sun 27 Aug 2017

PostPosted by Phaeton » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:34 am

Bottas lost part of his front wing in the mugging but I was surprised he ended up 14 seconds behind on just 5/6 laps.

Is it the cynic in me that now the Doodles control F1 we'll have more showboating like yesterday, that SC stayed out way way too long to create a spectacle.

Perez should have received some punishment for causing an avoidable accident, on his 2nd attempt to take Ocon out.
Phaeton
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: 4.3
Year: 2007
Trim Level: XT5
Fuel Type: Diesel
Other Vehicle: Auris, Funbuggy
Fuel Type: Petrol

PostPosted by Hoovie » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:25 am

Phaeton wrote:
Bottas lost part of his front wing in the mugging but I was surprised he ended up 14 seconds behind on just 5/6 laps.

Is it the cynic in me that now the Doodles control F1 we'll have more showboating like yesterday, that SC stayed out way way too long to create a spectacle.

Perez should have received some punishment for causing an avoidable accident, on his 2nd attempt to take Ocon out.

Point 1. Didn't notice any damage done. I didn't see any nosecone swaps so I doubt it was that significant? I just think Vettel and Hamilton were on a different plane yesterday. Bottas good but ultimately not the best. Kimi? He is there for the money and doesn't seem to care anymore.

Point 2. Agreed.
I watched on C4 and the commentator alluded as much and way I understood him, he thought it was a great idea :N

Point 3. Agreed.
Finally FI had said they are going to sort their drivers out as well. I used to like Perez but he seems to have a very fragile ego and can't handle his more inexperienced teammate being his equal (and getting better) on the track.
Welcome to the best RAV4 Drivers Club in Europe ... come and join in the fun!

Sell on Line? Get a Website Designed, Built and Hosted, complete with Shop facilities from just £99
Visit SBS Borders for custom Web Design and Hosting services, and more besides
Hoovie
Admin
Admin

Primary Vehicle: Vauxhall Corsa!
Year: 2017
Trim Level: SE
Other Vehicle: VW Camper Vans

PostPosted by Phaeton » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:31 am

As Kimi cut back across the track to take the line he took the end plate off the front wing, but the speed difference between Hamilton's car & Bottas's car is interesting, the fact that Hamilton was able to choose settings that could out drag the Ferrari even with slipstream, whereas Bottas couldn't do the same with the Red Bull & the other Ferrari. Was that down to a better terminal speed at the top of the hill, life cycle of the engines being able to ask more of Hamilton's for a short time, better engineers input as to settings to choose?

I too liked Perez but he does have an issue with being overtaken whether it be by his teammate or another driver, the one where he took Hamilton out a couple of years ago when Hamilton was coming back through the field & he simply shoved him off the track. Same race as where Webber somersaulted after running into the back of another car.
Phaeton
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: 4.3
Year: 2007
Trim Level: XT5
Other Vehicle: Auris, Funbuggy

PostPosted by jase hutch » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:01 pm

I really enjoyed the race but, wow was it close at the front.
jase hutch
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: 4.2. 3dr
Year: 2004
Trim Level: XT3
Other Vehicle: Toyota IQ
Year: 2011
Trim: Auto

Previous