Search the Forum * View unanswered posts * View unread posts * View new posts * View active topics * Visit the Club Shop * See Club Members Deals

Race 2 - China - Fri 07 – Sun 09 Apr 2017

Discussion on F1 in 2017. Races Reports, Preamble, News and Scandals. Post here!
(not into F1? No problem. Just walk past, nothing to see here)

Re: Race 2 - China - Fri 07 – Sun 09 Apr 2017

PostPosted by Hoovie » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:22 pm

Phaeton wrote:
Hoovie wrote:Good Race. Worth watching :s_thumbsup

Think we must have watched different races, apart from the Max/Danny at the end it has to rate as one of the worst ever.

I get the impression you expect something from F1 that it will never deliver (and never has done) :rolleyes:

Was it a edge of seat thriller? No it wasn't.
Was it one of the worst ever? Absolutely not and a daft thing to say unless you have both seen very few races and also been lucky in managing to avoid the very many shockers F1 has presented.
Welcome to the best RAV4 Drivers Club in Europe ... come and join in the fun!

Sell on Line? Get a Website Designed, Built and Hosted, complete with Shop facilities from just £99
Visit SBS Borders for custom Web Design and Hosting services, and more besides
Hoovie
Admin
Admin

Primary Vehicle: Vauxhall Corsa!
Year: 2017
Trim Level: SE
Fuel Type: Petrol
Other Vehicle: VW Camper Vans

PostPosted by Phaeton » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:36 pm

Hoovie wrote:Was it one of the worst ever? Absolutely not and a daft thing to say unless you have both seen very few races and also been lucky in managing to avoid the very many shockers F1 has presented.

You're right I haven't seen that many, I reckon I've missed about 30 in the last 40 years, maybe it's rose tinted glasses but the racing used to be more exciting.
Phaeton
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: 4.3
Year: 2007
Trim Level: XT5
Fuel Type: Diesel
Other Vehicle: Auris, Funbuggy

PostPosted by Hoovie » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:18 pm

Phaeton wrote:
Hoovie wrote:Was it one of the worst ever? Absolutely not and a daft thing to say unless you have both seen very few races and also been lucky in managing to avoid the very many shockers F1 has presented.

You're right I haven't seen that many, I reckon I've missed about 30 in the last 40 years, maybe it's rose tinted glasses but the racing used to be more exciting.

Ok, so you have seen around 600 races or so and you seriously think last Sundays race was one of the worst ever??

And yes, the racing used to be more exciting - and it used to be more boring as well. it has always been a series of peaks and troughs across the seasons as well as the tracks. The track which I find most boring is Monaco, which is supposedly the Jewel in the F1 Crown. The most exciting thing on that circuit was one race in the Noughties, when Schumacher took over from the Safety Car after it pulled in in readiness for the restart and JPM rammed him in the tunnel. That is my standout memory from Monaco. There were probably more interesting things that happened over the years there, but I likely dropped off.
Welcome to the best RAV4 Drivers Club in Europe ... come and join in the fun!

Sell on Line? Get a Website Designed, Built and Hosted, complete with Shop facilities from just £99
Visit SBS Borders for custom Web Design and Hosting services, and more besides
Hoovie
Admin
Admin

Primary Vehicle: Vauxhall Corsa!
Year: 2017
Trim Level: SE
Other Vehicle: VW Camper Vans

PostPosted by olderbutnotwiser » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:27 pm

It would have been set up a lot better for an exiting race, if the "actual" safety car hadn't came out.
Vettel and Hamilton could have had a chance at passing each other.

The big problem this year will be the fact that it's apparently even harder to follow behind someone now,
thanks to this years aero packages.

Surely increase mechanical grip ( which they did with the front wheel / tyres ) and decrease the dirtying of
the air leaving the rear of the car , would have delivered better racing ?

Someone in charge must think purely faster cars will be more exiting, which it isn't.
Back to rav stuff
olderbutnotwiser
'250 Club' Member
'250 Club' Member

Primary Vehicle: Rav 4
Year: 2011
Trim Level: XT-R
Fuel Type: diesel
Other Vehicle: Seat Leon
Year: 2013
Trim: FR