Search the Forum * View unanswered posts * View unread posts * View new posts * View active topics * Visit the Club Shop * See Club Members Deals

Hello all

New Member? just post a little intro here and say hello!

Re: Hello all

PostPosted by M1735H » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:23 am

CharlieFarlie wrote:Greetings ................... :) :) :)

Heya:)
M1735H

PostPosted by M1735H » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:25 am

jase hutch wrote:Welcome to the club.... :s_thumbsup

Thanks Jase
M1735H

PostPosted by M1735H » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:27 am

CharlieFarlie wrote:
M1735H wrote:Hello, I'm new here as I bought a Rav4 T180 back in December (2016) and want to put a reverse camera in. I've read the forum and although there is a lot of advice here, there does not seem to be much on what exact product to buy.

I'm looking for one that fits in the number plate light. I have noticed on here that one person bought this type of camera but found it did not fit as it was for the 4.2. They were selling it on here back in 2010.

Can anyone advise me which exact product or size I can use?

The wiring loom for the genuine Toyota reverse camera is already there in the rear door of the T180. Hook it up and it works like magic. I can't remember if I had to drill a hole to accept the camera lens or if it was already there. A very simple job though.

I'm gonna get a trusted auto technician to do it for me heso only charging me £60 to do the camera and fix my radio reception.
M1735H

PostPosted by M1735H » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:29 am

ROGER_37 wrote::welcome M1735H :s_howdy

Heya Roger
M1735H

PostPosted by M1735H » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:30 am

dave.m wrote:Welcome aboard :s_howdy

Thanks Dave
M1735H

PostPosted by M1735H » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:31 am

Uncle bob wrote:Big welcome to the club :s_howdy

Thanks Bob
M1735H

PostPosted by M1735H » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:38 am

shcm wrote:I fitted this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272283079926

to Firestarter's T180 back in October, while I was poorly sick :( , with Firestarter and Anchorman stood around sucking teeth and nursing arms. ;) ;)

Seriously, that one will fit (yes, I know it doesn't say RAV, but it's the same shape part as the lamp holder).

Note, it will replace the off-side tail lamp holder. Can't vouch for (or remember) the length of the cable out of this camera. It may just reach the connector in the door from the offside holder. Firestarter's installation needed slight modification due to the head unit (T&G), but this one will work fine with the standard T180 unit (B9004).

As it also replaces the tail lamp bulb with an LED, you'll have to sort the LED supply too (use the existing bulb wiring). You may have to balance it up with an LED bulb in the left hand lamp, to look right. (i.e. both bulbs the same colour temperature).

Note the LEDs are strictly not legal and *may* fail an MOT with an over zealous inspector, but I doubt most would notice or be bothered.

I fitted a camera Ravasher's T180 that was supposed to fit, but yes, that was the wrong size, despite the claim it was for a RAV. It may well have fitted the lamp holder for the lower reg plate, when a spare wheel is fitted. It had to be heavily modified to fit the T180.

I've seen ones that are the right size, to replace the reg plate bulb holder, that will take a standard bulb. Think they were for sale from Australia, but not sure where I saw it now.

You're looking for ones that are about 95mm long roughly.

You'll need to take the back door trim off (not too hard) & feed the camera cable thorough with the existing lamp wiring, to the camera connector in the back door.

Note about camera connectors, if you want one:

topic106.html#p52827

Good luck!

M1735H wrote: They were selling it on here back in 2010.

There'll be a problem with causality then. This particular forum has only existed since 2013. ;)

Thank you so much SHCM

Your reply is really helpful. I have placed an order for the camera you linked to on ebay. I have to admit I actually posted on another forum and a very kind person called Bluerav4 pointed me to this forum I just copied and pasted my post from there :rolleyes: that might explain why I said 2010 lol.

Do you still have the the connectors in stock?
Last edited by M1735H on Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
M1735H

PostPosted by M1735H » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:43 am

Hi all

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm sorry it has taken a while to come back. I've never used a forum before so new to navigating around.

Also, does anyone here know if there is a setting to get email alerts when someone replies to a post?
M1735H

PostPosted by shcm » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:29 am

M1735H wrote:
Do you still have the the connectors in stock?

Yes, a few have been used, but still got some. :s_thumbsup

Let me know when you want one and I'll bung it in the post gratis. All we ask is, if you can, to chuck a couple of quid at your favourite registered UK charity or bloodwise https://bloodwise.org.uk/ We leave the donation to your own conscience. :s_thumbsup

It's a connector shell with crimps. If you're not familiar with that sort of thing (forgive me if you are) we can help with advice with attachment to the camera.

M1735H wrote:I have to admit I actually posted on another forum........I just copied and pasted my post from there :rolleyes: that might explain why I said 2010 lol.

No problem. :s_thumbsup I had a very good idea what you'd done. Slightly tongue in cheek from me. :s_thumbsup

As far as alerts go, if you look at the section below your typing window when replying/composing posts, there should be something that says "options". Tick the box "Notify me when a reply is posted".
My RAV4 Average: ImageImageImage

My Urban Cruiser Average: ImageImageImage

This post is © 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 rav4driversclub.com
shcm
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: RAV 4.4 Hybrid
Year: 2016
Trim Level: Excel with TSS
Fuel Type: Petrol/Electric
Other Vehicle: Urban Cruiser
Year: 2012
Trim: 1.4 D4D
Fuel Type: Diesel

PostPosted by RAVAsher » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:43 pm

Let's us know how you get on with your camera we all love photos here of any modifications.
Formally knows as "Yaris781"
It's better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you are not!!

fully charged ready to go now. wireless charging can be recharged on the go without looking for a PowerPoint
RAVAsher
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

Primary Vehicle: 4.3
Year: 2006
Trim Level: T180
Fuel Type: Diesel
Other Vehicle: Rav 4
Year: 2002
Trim: 2.0 VVTi VX
Fuel Type: Petrol

PreviousNext