Search the Forum * View unanswered posts * View unread posts * View new posts * View active topics * Visit the Club Shop * See Club Members Deals

What's The Alternatives/Other SUV News

Section for general chatting about your RAV4 or other Rides ... What you do with it, how to use it, where you been in it, or not been in it, we don't mind... It's a free world!
Oh, If you want to get all technical, the Technical Questions and Info could be the place to go.

Re: What's The Alternatives/Other SUV News

PostPosted by Aleman » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:23 pm

Davrav wrote:

Looks quite useful. Seats appear very comfy and supportive but what a gloomy interior overall.

Like the look of it, better than the Yeti, but no Hybrid or EV option :( VAG missing a trick here, I can't for the life of me see why a new model is released that doesn't cater to this growing sector
2007 Rav4 2.2 D4-D XTR The on board computer has been reporting 45mpg round town and country roads
Mods fitted Retro fit Cruise Control, Dual Electric detachable tow bar. Rear View Camera, Sony XNV-L66BT. TPMS. New Boot Lights. LED Interior Lights
RAV4 Drivers Club, the best Toyota RAV4 owners forum in the UK!
Aleman
'100 Club' Member
'100 Club' Member

Primary Vehicle: RAV4 D4-D (4.3.0)
Year: 2007
Trim Level: XT-R
Fuel Type: vPower Diesel

PostPosted by CharlieFarlie » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:48 pm

Aleman wrote:
Davrav wrote:

Looks quite useful. Seats appear very comfy and supportive but what a gloomy interior overall.

Like the look of it, better than the Yeti, but no Hybrid or EV option :( VAG missing a trick here, I can't for the life of me see why a new model is released that doesn't cater to this growing sector

Tony it's just a re badged old shape Tiguan... Skoda bieng part of VW do that they did it with the Superb which was a re badged old Shape Audi A4... doesent make them bad cars at all and they are new as far as Skoda are concerned but new cars they ain't. :s_thumbsup

Anyone seen the new Audi Q7 ??? Stunning motor that is !
For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name... He marks not that you won or lost.. But how you played the game..
CharlieFarlie
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: Rav4 Invincible Auto
Year: 2013
Trim Level: Invincible Automatic
Fuel Type: 2.2 Diesel
Other Vehicle: Toyota IQ Right foot
Year: 2012
Trim: Trainer
Fuel Type: Petrol . = fumes..

PostPosted by anchorman » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:10 pm

I'm just not a VAG fan. Some are quite nice but I've got no passion to own one.
© 2017 RAV4driversclub.com
No part of this post may be copied out of this forum without express permission of Anchorman.

Any advice given is meant to be helpful and in good spirit. No liability is accepted for loss , damage or injury. WORK SAFELY

RAV4driversclub.com - Made for RAV4 drivers, suitable for all.

Nothing I write is intended to directly offend anyone no matter how it comes across.
And another thing......

20years_RAV4.jpg
anchorman
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: Mazda CX5 T180 eater
Year: 2015
Trim Level: Sportnav
Fuel Type: Euro VI diesel

PostPosted by dave.m » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:58 am

dave.m
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: Rav4 no 4
Fuel Type: Hybrid

PostPosted by jolak » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:49 pm

I picked up my Kia Sorento KX2 2.2 CRDi manual today and drove the 75 or so miles across the Staffordshire moorland and into Derbyshire.
It's early days and I feel disloyal to the superb Rav4 I had from new for six and a half years, but I've got to say, it was a nicer drive than the Rav, more comfortable and fantastic torque. I can feel the power there, although too early for pedal to the metal and in sunset red, it looks fantastic.
I know a lot of people will say that buying new cars is a mug's game, but I didn't half feel good when I finally got my hands on it.
I just hope that the feelgood factor isn't going to be ruined by warranty issues with the motor - at least there's seven years to get things sorted!
jolak
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

PostPosted by clarki » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:15 pm

Is that not just a Jaguar Evoque?? I think the Land Rover one looks better (although must confess to being slightly biased!!).

For some reason I like the look of the Audi Q2??!! Help please.
clarki
Club Member
Club Member

Primary Vehicle: Rav4
Year: 2009
Trim Level: XT-R
Fuel Type: D-4D
Other Vehicle: SLK
Fuel Type: Lots

PostPosted by jolak » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:41 pm

It's been a month with the Sorento and just over 800 miles and I'm still getting to grips with all the goodies available.
My wife says it's the most comfortable car I've ever had and fuel consumption has crept up to just over 35mpg.
I really don't care about the mpg - it's a big motor and who cares!
At this stage, I've got to say that I'm glad I drifted away from Toyota and it was refreshing to deal with Salesmen who didn't tell lies like the con artists I dealt with when I bought the Rav 4 from the dealership in Shirley in 2011.
I would probably be even happier with an Audi Q8 or a BMW X5 (notice that I didn't mention any Land Rover products!), but for just over 27 grand (over 5 grand below list price), I'm a happy chappy.

What do you call a careless oriental person whose dad has diorrhea?
A slap happy jappy with a crap happy pappy.
jolak
Club Supporter
Club Supporter

PostPosted by anchorman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:49 am

I hope you're not visiting Buxton without coming to Chapel for a brew :N :s_thumbsup
© 2017 RAV4driversclub.com
No part of this post may be copied out of this forum without express permission of Anchorman.

Any advice given is meant to be helpful and in good spirit. No liability is accepted for loss , damage or injury. WORK SAFELY

RAV4driversclub.com - Made for RAV4 drivers, suitable for all.

Nothing I write is intended to directly offend anyone no matter how it comes across.
And another thing......

20years_RAV4.jpg
anchorman
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: Mazda CX5 T180 eater
Year: 2015
Trim Level: Sportnav
Fuel Type: Euro VI diesel

PostPosted by dave.m » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:26 pm

dave.m