Search the Forum * View unanswered posts * View unread posts * View new posts * View active topics * Visit the Club Shop * See Club Members Deals

Reducing photo's to upload.

Posts on how to use the Forum Features, Posting Files, Setting Time Zones, Displays Styles etc. Got a tip for fellow members? Post it here. Want a Feature and cannot find? Ask here!

Reducing photo's to upload.

PostPosted by Metal Mickey » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:35 am

if I could go back in time I would have never rocked on a chair!!!!

Copying the above from Yaris (Ash) and also it was falling off a chair i smashed my hand, quite badly to be honest :shok: but where i am leading is i see i am not the only one having troubles uploading pic's as i have an X ray of my hand..............can someone explain please how to reduce a photo so it can be uploaded or worst casr senario i could email it to someone's privare email address if they could put it on this site as my pic. for me?

Mike169
Metal Mickey

Re: Reducing photo's to upload.

PostPosted by Hoovie » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:20 am

The best way to be honest is to use a media sharing service like Photobucket, Imageshack, or the like and then put a link to there usimg either the [IMG] or [ResiZe] links (both work the same ,except ResiZe changes the displayed size to 700pc wide.

To shink an image for direct upload and display on the forum, I use a PC program called PAINT.NET - neat program which can do lots of things. One being being able to Resize to whatever size you want (and its free as well :s_thumbsup )
Welcome to the best RAV4 Drivers Club in Europe ... come and join in the fun!

Sell on Line? Get a Website Designed, Built and Hosted, complete with Shop facilities from just £99
Visit SBS Borders for custom Web Design and Hosting services, and more besides
Hoovie
Admin
Admin

Primary Vehicle: Vauxhall Corsa!
Year: 2017
Trim Level: SE
Fuel Type: Petrol
Other Vehicle: VW Camper Vans

PostPosted by Metal Mickey » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:28 pm

Thanks David, i'll have a play and see how i get on.
Mike.
Metal Mickey

PostPosted by Paulus17 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:29 am

Here is the image of Mikes scan on his very badly broken wrist :shok:
Looks like the Toyota engineers did a good job there Mike :s_biggrin

Paulus17
Club Master
Club Master

PostPosted by NMaria » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:14 am

Heavens, that must have been painful.

Very interesting how that plate or bracket or whatever it is on the right is shaped specially for the job.

Does all that irongmongery have to stay in your arm forever, Mike, or is it to be removed at some point? Air travel security, and in particular the detection of surgically inserted bombs, is much in the news at the moment, and I wondered if you would have to carry some sort of certificate to prove it's not something sinister.

At any rate, I wish you a speedy recovery.
NMaria
'100 Club' Member
'100 Club' Member

Primary Vehicle: RAV4 D-4D
Year: 2011
Trim Level: XTR auto
Fuel Type: Diesel
Other Vehicle: Koga Miyata
Trim: De Luxe

PostPosted by Metal Mickey » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:39 am

Paulus17 wrote:Here is the image of Mikes scan on his very badly broken wrist :shok:
Looks like the Toyota engineers did a good job there Mike :s_biggrin

Paul, you are my hero, lol and NMaria (Your real name doesn't appear to be on your profile) thanks for your comment.
The photo is a bird's eye view if you like, so lay it on top of your left wrist so to speak. The 2 plates were done in 2 separate operations, the one on the right was done first and during this op. they reattached my hand not that it come off but the only thing holding it on was muscle and skin as both bones broke (We only have the 2) so the scar is underneath and doing this op they re-aligned my other bone putting all the pieces back together as it was in a few bits, anyway on the 2nd bone the bits decided to move out of line so i needed the 2nd op (Luckily the was a specalist surgeon at the hospital at the time, they fly him all over Great Britain doing the awkward op's). So this man opened up the side of my wrist and put the 2nd plate in, this scar is twice as long. Understanably i am having movement issuses right now especially as i have had 2 casts on for a couple of months and believe it or not you forget how to move your wrist so now i attend physio classes to get it moving the best they can again, i'm sure you can imagine all the jokes i have had from my mates down the pub!
Mike.
Metal Mickey

PostPosted by Metal Mickey » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:43 am

Oh sorry i forgot to mention the metal work stays in for ever and i have another plate in my foot and a replacement knee both due to osteo arthritis so yes i wonder what will happen at airports myself ans i know if you go for MRI scans they ask if you have any metal in your body but the exact reason i am unsure why?
Incidently the 1st op i was sewn back together but the 2nd i had 22 clips which are out now :s_thumbsup
Mike.
Metal Mickey

PostPosted by Hoovie » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:22 am

Mike169 wrote:Oh sorry i forgot to mention the metal work stays in for ever and i have another plate in my foot and a replacement knee both due to osteo arthritis so yes i wonder what will happen at airports myself ans i know if you go for MRI scans they ask if you have any metal in your body but the exact reason i am unsure why?
Incidently the 1st op i was sewn back together but the 2nd i had 22 clips which are out now :s_thumbsup
Mike.

Just make sure they are all charged up!

The one on the right looks like a paw print . How's it feeling now?
Welcome to the best RAV4 Drivers Club in Europe ... come and join in the fun!

Sell on Line? Get a Website Designed, Built and Hosted, complete with Shop facilities from just £99
Visit SBS Borders for custom Web Design and Hosting services, and more besides
Hoovie
Admin
Admin

Primary Vehicle: Vauxhall Corsa!
Trim Level: SE
Fuel Type: Petrol
Other Vehicle: VW Camper Vans

PostPosted by Metal Mickey » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:35 am

Hoovie wrote:
Mike169 wrote:Oh sorry i forgot to mention the metal work stays in for ever and i have another plate in my foot and a replacement knee both due to osteo arthritis so yes i wonder what will happen at airports myself ans i know if you go for MRI scans they ask if you have any metal in your body but the exact reason i am unsure why?
Mike.

Just make sure they are all charged up!

The one on the right looks like a paw print . How's it feeling now?

Hi David.
Paul emailed me and kindly offered to do the resize for me, thanks again mate.
It's a bit hard to say how it is now to be honest David as naturally it's a bit stiff and i am wary to do too much with it as the bones aren't fully knitted back together yet. Yea it's a bit sore but i can type ok wth it but movement is restricted, trying to rotate it is virtually impossible....if say you can move your wrist to a right angle, 90 deg, well i can only move my bad wrist 5 deg making eating interesting. The physio nurse had a protractor taking readings of my movements to see how well i am progressing......i can live with it as it is now but it would be even better if i can more movement back thanks.
Mike.
Metal Mickey

PostPosted by Davrav » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:24 am

Steve Austin lives!
RAV4 Drivers Club - For all things RAV4 and much, much more!
Davrav
Club Moderator
Club Moderator

Primary Vehicle: RAV4 4.3
Year: 2008
Trim Level: XTR+
Other Vehicle: Mitsubishi ASX
Trim: Auto

Next